Pre-Game Talk: Hawks/Flames 10.15.14

Status
Not open for further replies.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Tracey Myers @TramyersCSN · 20m 20 minutes ago
#Blackhawks lines: Sharp-Toews-Cumiskey, Saad-Shaw-Kane, Bickell-Richards-Smith, Carcillo-Kruger-Morin.

Tracey Myers @TramyersCSN · 9m 9 minutes ago
I'll take these drill D pairs for what they are right now: Keith-Rozsival, Oduya-Seabrook, Hjalmarsson-van Riemsdyk. #Blackhawks

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
OH NOES A D MAN PLAYING FORWARD!!!

(obviously it's just a day off for Hossa, but that kind of reaction is typical here, now)

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I'll be attending.
5188800+_53ad5ae011de55800a0bb38b90fadedb.jpg

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Our #1c has no goals in 2GP. ..because he has only bothered to tHe 1 shot in these first 2 contests..this has to change.This is Country Clubbing for any $10 milk "super star" but of course he is still slamming it at a lowly $6.3 milk this season..I guess money does not buy much any more...Even Cane has managed 10 shots in 2GP...wake Jo Toews...nobody pays that much for just a pk guy..a#1C gotta do better than average half a shot or game..not gonna score many goals with that kind of offensive offense. Time to giddy-up and go..

Last edited:

member 151739

Our #1c has no goals in 2GP. ..because he has only bothered to tHe 1 shot in these first 2 contests..this has to change.This is Country Clubbing for any $10 milk "super star" but of course he is still slamming it at a lowly $6.3 milk this season..I guess money does not buy much any more...Even Cane has managed 10 shots in 2GP...wake Jo Toews...nobody pays that much for just a pk guy..a#1C gotta do better than average half a shot or game..not gonna score many goals with that kind of offensive offense. Time to giddy-up and go..

He has 2 assists, and he's a +2. There's only been 2 games played. Do you honestly expect Toews to have multiple goals? You want him to be goal per game?

Oh, and even Kane has 10 shots? Nice jab there. :laugh:

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
He has 2 assists, and he's a +2. There's only been 2 games played. Do you honestly expect Toews to have multiple goals? You want him to be goal per game?

Yes. I want him to get a hat trick against Calgary so I can add him to the main board thread. :laugh:

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Little doubt that Calgary will be taking runs at us most of the night. What was the Leafs is now the Flames when it comes to truculence...'cept Flames are younger and more skilled.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Rozsival will not play against Calgary. Q said he'd probably play Saturday. Plus Q usually doesn't change the lineup following a win so my guess is same lineup as first two games.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I could see Cumiskey playing instead of Rundblad.

I want Rundblad playing as much as humanly possible while the games don't matter.

He's been just OK but this guy was a Teravainen+ level prospect that has been yanked around and had his development ruined. Give him games and let him play through it and it is within the realm of possibility that you have a top 4D on your hands.

If nothing changes in 25-30 games then you bench him. I understand people wanting him out of the lineup but I just have ALOT of patience for a guy with his pedigree.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
Interesting. Makes you wonder why a rest day on 3 days rest. It'll be 7 days rest by the time he laces'em again. You'd think a back to back or a 2 games in 3 days but a 1 in 7?

Practice rest he's playing tomorrow.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
I want Rundblad playing as much as humanly possible while the games don't matter.

He's been just OK but this guy was a Teravainen+ level prospect that has been yanked around and had his development ruined. Give him games and let him play through it and it is within the realm of possibility that you have a top 4D on your hands.

If nothing changes in 25-30 games then you bench him. I understand people wanting him out of the lineup but I just have ALOT of patience for a guy with his pedigree.

I agree with this. Watching Rundblad I just see a guy who is petrified to make a mistake. He has absolutely no confidence out there. Play him in sheltered minutes, give him some second unit PP time and see what happens. I am the first to acknowledge that he has not been good since coming here, but the reality is that he has played a grand total of 7 games. Lets at least see what we have before we write him off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad