Post-Game Talk: Hawks fall to the Ducks in the shootout, 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkinMI

Mar 24, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Whuuuuu? Other than the shootout he was quite good. Maybe a bit nervous handling the puck but....he rocked it dude:yo:

That's what I'm saying. He's just fine in regular game situations, but when the pressure situations arise he can't seem to keep his cool.

That will come with experience hopefully.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Cause it was there! Stop make pre games, you monster!

AKA, I was too lazy to make a GDT after everyone else was also too lazy to make a GDT and wait are we the same board that always criticizes this team for a lack of effort?

OMG. It's our lack of effort that is causing their lack of effort isn't it?

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
Sooooo how long until we see Edmonton? I think the boys need a good hard 9-2 spanking to pull out of this funk.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'll make the next GDT to change the tide.

jack-nicholson-nodding.gif

Please not a GleeDT, though.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Grading our top 4 big pay forwards this game:
Toews F+...only got the + due to his finishing one in the Shootout..rest of the game...another stinker.

Kane D...would have had D+...but I took it awau cause of his FAIL..in the SO..

Sharp C-...gets a C because at least he tried to get and did get a few good scoring chances...but dropped him to C- because again and again his shooting is off the net and he FAILS to finish great chances..

Hossa B-..decent but still below par for him...

Overall we count on the big 4 for a heck of a lot more ROI than we got from them tonight..2 MIA Stupor Stars and 1 try but FAIL sniper and 1 just kinda average from the eldest of the bunch.. Not a lot of return for the paychecks they got but did not earn tonight.

CPHawksFan

That's Hockey Baby!!
Jun 17, 2011
Crown Point, IN
Grading our top 4 big pay forwards this game:
Toews F+...only got the + due to his finishing one in the Shootout..rest of the game...another stinker.

Kane D...would have had D+...but I took it awau cause of his FAIL..in the SO..

Sharp C-...gets a C because at least he tried to get and did get a few good scoring chances...but dropped him to C- because again and again his shooting is off the net and he FAILS to finish great chances..

Hossa B-..decent but still below par for him...

Overall we count on the big 4 for a heck of a lot more ROI than we got from them tonight..2 MIA Stupor Stars and 1 try but FAIL sniper and 1 just kinda average from the eldest of the bunch.. Not a lot of return for the paychecks they got but did not earn tonight.

Well at least Versteeg was pretty good.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
..Are you saying Q acknowledging the PK as bad isn't important?

Changes are coming. They may not fix the problem, but at least he's going to try to.

I'll be watching.

As far as acknowledging the problem being significant, I hope this isn't a 12 step program.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Q just admitted in the postgame interview that the PK is a disaster.

He's a little late to that party. Based on his inability to make tangible changes that makes sense and actually result in a positive results, his voice means little more than hot air to me.

I'd be a lot more encouraged if he made mention of the lack of extension and pressure on the PK (as well at ES when pucks are in our zone) that lead to all of these chances. Lack of pressure leads to open lanes, a sense of getting comfortable from not having to rush, deflections galore with all the traffic in from of the net (our small box), and a lot of garbage goals as we suck at clearing the puck anyway.

We have fast forwards with great sticks in the open ice; why not use that to our advantage? This ******** passive system doesn't work. It's not just certain players it's a team wide problem and that signifies a lack of unederstanding by the coaching staff.

From an execution standpoint our PP is just as bad as the PK. But Kane and the offensive talent we have are masking (to the outsiders) a lot of problems on that unit as well.

Maybe Q is a great coach in how he handles player psyches, I don't know, but he is certainly an awful tactical/game day coach. It takes him forever to even acknowledge a problem and his solutions are haphazard at best.

Q has the easiest job in the league and he still manages to sabotage (at minimum) a handful of games with his incompetence. There a lot of coaches who would have fixed these things a long time ago with some common sense.

CertainAffinity*

A whole lot of things have to change, and quickly, before this team looks like a legitimate contender again.

I remember, a few years ago, Minnesota was at the top of the standings heading into the holidays.

It was, as anybody with eyeballs could tell, a mirage. The flawed play inevitably led to a quick and violent descent down the standings.

The Hawks play right now is horrifically flawed. It has been for weeks now, and before that, only slightly less flawed since the onset of the season. No attempts have visibly been made to fix it, beyond our own personal Inspector Clouseau behind the bench calling out the goalies victimized by his poorly-planned PK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad