'hawks equipment sale

aguynamedjoe

May 27, 2013
Chicago
Hey guys, not sure if this should go here or in the Rink forum, but I figured since it's specific to the 'hawks gear I'd try here (mods feel free to move if appropriate)

Was just wondering if anyone has any experience with purchasing old 'hawks gear (over the past few years, post-hawk quarters) either at the convention or at the sale at the Centennial rink in Wilmette? I'm getting near the point of needing some new gear, and was thinking it might be neat to have some pro stock/actual 'hawks gear, but have no idea if there is any likelihood of finding anything either of those routes with the demand for 'hawks stuff these days. Anyone with any experience on it?

to clarify: I'm looking less for the collectible stuff like sticks/jerseys and more for the practical hockey stuff (like a 9k girdle or other protective gear)

Ilrider

Mar 27, 2012
Chicago Burbs
I went to the one in Wilmette this past year. They have pretty much everything you could need, including protective gear (shoulder pads, elbow pads, shin guards, pants, etc.). They had a lot of protective equipment on hand, and we went on the second day, so as long as you get there early you should find something, as sticks and skates seemed to be what many people were buying.

They do not say who all the equipment belonged to, though, except things like sticks and some autographed items, if that matters to you. Definitely worth a look. The prices are actually pretty reasonable overall, though I'll admit I did not price out any protective gear specifically.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad