Post-Game Talk: Hawks double up the Jets, win 6-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Dominated the faceoffs 40-23. What is our percentage this year? it seems to be much better than last year.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Dominated the faceoffs 40-23. What is our percentage this year? it seems to be much better than last year.

It's definitely better.

Toews, as one of the best faceoff men in the league, has always skewed our team average in the past. But Kruger's really stepped up this year, winning 54% of his draws.

Unfortunately, Pirri and Shaw are still pretty bad in the dot, but oh well.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
It's definitely better.

Toews, as one of the best faceoff men in the league, has always skewed our team average in the past. But Kruger's really stepped up this year, winning 54% of his draws.

Unfortunately, Pirri and Shaw are still pretty bad in the dot, but oh well.

Pirri was 6-1 on faceoffs tonight.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
Hawks are 52.4% at the dot this season (6th in NHL)...last season they were 50.8% (11th in NHL). You would think an improved FO% would help out the PK.

Despite normally stellar FO numbers, Toews is like 20% or something weirdly horrible on the pk

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Hawks-pre-game-warm-up-300x200.jpg

Hawks audio: Coach Q, Toews, Keith and Crawford.

Your team put on clinic. Unbelievable to watch.

To listen to post-game audio click here.

RomersWorld*

I see how those Southeast stars liked to rack up points last year.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
8 of the 9 goals scored in this game were from current or ex blackhawks. (and the goal that wasn't.. Buff and Ladd assisted on)

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Very strong team effort. In particular, loved the play of Hossa, Toews, Ben Smith, Pirri and of course Kane.....

Q hit it on the head when he said the team "answered the bell" a couple of times. Jets aren't the strongest of teams but Hawks reminded me a bit of the 2010 team. Even when Hossa and Toews dominate like they did, the 4th line scores a huge goal to clinch the win .... love that.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Pirri played some solid defense too. Not incredible but he's growing really quickly. Just outshadowed by the great play of Saad.

I thought Morin made some nice plays tonight

Just wanted to say that I stongly agreed with both of these. Pirri, especially in the 3rd, made several noticable defensive plays. Also thought that Morin looked good with his limited icetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad