GDT: Hawks @ Avs |3/18/2013| 7pm | To Tank or Not to Tank, is the question?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Ugly_Shakespeare_small.jpg

2 out of the 4 forwards practicing the Sacco play.

sacco.jpeg

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool." ~Shakespeare

tumblr_m26zb2oNJN1qf3v24o1_500.jpg

"As flies to wanton boys, are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport." ~Shakespeare

Hishon_display_image.jpg

"And though she be but little, she is fierce!" ~Shakespeare

GDT MUSIC

Last edited by a moderator:

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
How is that a question.
When in doubt always go Topless...

Ok that one failed.
Lt. Colonel Sacco is reporting for duty. Or better he is reporting that he is not reporting.
Ah. I am confused right now.

Just lose but please keep it close enough that Sacco gets fired at the end of the season but not close enough in order to give Sherman or PL any hope for the future. That should be how we operate the rest of the season.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
I think the season is basically done. Tank and tank hard. Or win, and win 7-10 games in a row.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
We will win today. We won't fall behind. We will start to win until we actually are a win from a playoff-spot again. Then we will go on a losing streak again. How the Avs work.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I think Chicago is going to kick our tails. Just because we had to have pissed them off last game. I hope I am wrong.

benzino

Mar 1, 2012
Estocolmo
We will win today. We won't fall behind. We will start to win until we actually are a win from a playoff-spot again. Then we will go on a losing streak again. How the Avs work.

This is true but I think Hawks will be fired up tonight since we ended their streak. It won't be just another game against lowly Colorado Avalanche like it is for most teams.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
I'm ok with losing at this point.
Hoping for Duchene, PAP, Landeskog, Varly and EJ to have great games but other than that it's hard to care anyways.

Sacco needs to be fired, things have to change and in order to get this started we might have to lose a whole lot more.

By the way, I've read an article on how Sacco might want to leave at the end of the year to become the new coach of the Boston University? It referred to Dater.
Has anybody seen this as well? Might this be legit?

It said he is closely linked/related to BU and the area.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
I'm ok with losing at this point.
Hoping for Duchene, PAP, Landeskog, Varly and EJ to have great games but other than that it's hard to care anyways.

Sacco needs to be fired, things have to change and in order to get this started we might have to lose a whole lot more.

By the way, I've read an article on how Sacco might want to leave at the end of the year to become the new coach of the Boston University? It referred to Dater.
Has anybody seen this as well? Might this be legit?

It said he is closely linked/related to BU and the area.

Mike Chambers asked Sacco about the BU position:

“I can’t speak for David Quinn, No. 1. He’s got a job to do, obviously, and I have a job to do,†Sacco said. “And my focus is solely on our club right now and getting our team to win hockey games. That’s the bottom line. That situation is totally separate. I’m not involved in that right now and I don’t think (Quinn) is either.â€

NothingLikeAnEJ

Jimmies: Rustled
Jan 24, 2011
We have the best defense in the league. They'll have no problems stopping toews and Kane and hossa. Easy win for us tonight.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Do we need two threads...?

They got posted about the same time. SEPH probably spent a few more minutes making his than I did making this, so when he submitted his he didn't know there was one up.

It's not big deal. I'm sure a mod will delete one of them eventually. They might as well delete this one. I just want a GDT, I don't care which one.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Considering the fact that they just beat Dallas 8-1, and Dallas is better than us, I'm predicting a 13-1 win for Chicago, after which Joe Sacco will say that he liked what he saw out there for the most part, that this team will get it going soon, and in turn Greg Sherman will extend him until 2030 with promotions to GM, President, and eventually Owner every five years

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Considering the fact that they just beat Dallas 8-1, and Dallas is better than us, I'm predicting a 13-1 win for Chicago, after which Joe Sacco will say that he liked what he saw out there for the most part, that this team will get it going soon, and in turn Greg Sherman will extend him until 2030 with promotions to GM, President, and eventually Owner every five years

I think Sacco should also suit up and play D for the Avs. He's only what? in his late 40's or so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad