Hawks' (and Sox and Bulls') next tv deal... might be with an unlaunched Reinsdorf channel?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Oh boy...

As of yet a streaming-only service, as they don't have any agreements with cable providers yet.

This seems like a ball and chain to the Sox and Bulls already, but hopefully the Hawks don't voluntarily join in, too.

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Oh boy...

As of yet would a streaming-only service, as they don't have any agreements with cable providers yet.

This seems like a ball and chain to the Sox and Bulls already, but hopefully the Hawks don't voluntarily join in, too.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I am not paying $ to watch Hawks/White Sox on a streaming platform

f*** em

Sick of this streaming BS

If it's not part of my cable, then I am going back to 90's/most of 00's self and listening to many games on radio

Reactions: MarotteMarauder

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I wonder what Reinsdorf is tagging onto this deal for the Blackhawks to have interest? Because without the Blackhawks attached, this will be a colossal failure. How's Marquee network doing?

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I already have to pay to watch the Blackhawks, so I don’t think this will affect me. That said, I prefer the Blackhawks have no affiliation with Reinsdorf. It’s just bad karma.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
I already have to pay to watch the Blackhawks, so I don’t think this will affect me. That said, I prefer the Blackhawks have no affiliation with Reinsdorf. It’s just bad karma.
I mean they already cohabitate a professional sporting arena…

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Oh boy...

As of yet a streaming-only service, as they don't have any agreements with cable providers yet.

Wont miss anything at all not being able to watch the Sox and Bulls for 5+ years not like those dumpsters have any direction anyway

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I mean they already cohabitate a professional sporting arena…
Co-own and co-profit from is more like it. The UC Joint Venture is a very strong bond between the ownership groups. The Wirtz family still owns a very small percentage of the Bulls from when they sold it to Reinsdorf as well.

Safe to say, the Hawks weren't leaving them behind, they're in a happy marriage.

I am not paying $ to watch Hawks/White Sox on a streaming platform

f*** em

Sick of this streaming BS

If it's not part of my cable, then I am going back to 90's/most of 00's self and listening to many games on radio
It might be on free TV.

To guarantee wide distribution, Stadium also is seeking over-the-air partners. The NBA’s Jazz and Suns and the NHL’s Golden Knights are off cable and on OTA channels in their markets, an ironic trend in sports television that’s bringing it full circle after its migration to cable.

Last edited:

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Co-own and co-profit from is more like it. The UC Joint Venture is a very strong bond between the ownership groups. The Wirtz family still owns a very small percentage of the Bulls from when they sold it to Reinsdorf as well.

Safe to say, the Hawks weren't leaving them behind, they're in a happy marriage.

It might be on free TV.

an ironic trend in sports television that’s bringing it full circle after its migration to cable.

^^ This is what I find hilarious about all of this. You mean making it difficult to watch your team is counterproductive??! Billionaires really are pretty f***ing stupid.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
^^ This is what I find hilarious about all of this. You mean making it difficult to watch your team is counterproductive??! Billionaires really are pretty f***ing stupid.
Well, cable is what created much the growth the leagues have seen since the 80s. They've been profiting off the backs of the 80%+ of people who don't watch.

So no, they're not stupid. But now they have to figure out how to keep the money train rolling, now that cable is dying a slow death.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Well, cable is what created much the growth the leagues have seen since the 80s. They've been profiting off the backs of the 80%+ of people who don't watch.

So no, they're not stupid. But now they have to figure out how to keep the money train rolling, now that cable is dying a slow death.

Yes, they certainly ARE stupid at times. The Cubs reached the popularity they did largely because they were on free TV, and nationwide. Cubs viewership is down DRASTICALLY since moving to Marquee network.

Making it difficult to watch your team by requiring premium subscriptions might be profitable in the short term, but long term, you destroy your reach and reduce your fanbase. See: Blackhawks.

Cable isn't dying a slow death, because streaming services are just going to get more and more expensive...

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad