Confirmed with Link: Hawks acquire Austin Wagner from Kings for future considerations

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

giphy.gif

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Does Davidson know that he’s the BLACKHAWKS GM bc he sure is acting like the Ice Hogs GM. Welcome to the team discount Sam Lafferty.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Does Davidson know that he’s the BLACKHAWKS GM bc he sure is acting like the Ice Hogs GM. Welcome to the team discount Sam Lafferty.
I know you're just a miserable troll at this point but,

1) Davidson made lots of NHL trades

2) It is vital, and let me stress that point, VITAL that Rockford is a quality team throughout the rebuild. Rockford has sucked forever. Stanley never cared. And it showed. Basically every prospect that went to Rockford, it was a death sentence. Kyle is turning that place around so that we can actually develop talent there. He's changing the culture of Rockford around.

ploppsdman

Feb 5, 2004
I know you're just a miserable troll at this point but,

1) Davidson made lots of NHL trades

2) It is vital, and let me stress that point, VITAL that Rockford is a quality team throughout the rebuild. Rockford has sucked forever. Stanley never cared. And it showed. Basically every prospect that went to Rockford, it was a death sentence. Kyle is turning that place around so that we can actually develop talent there. He's changing the culture of Rockford around.
Burning a team down and being ticked about that doesn’t make someone a troll. This team is a wasteland until the 2030s. It didn’t have to be that way. AND this scorched earth path does NOT automatically mean a lick of success. It looks like all your eggs are in the one Bedard basket. Having just come back from Vegas, I don’t like the odds.

Look at the STARS the Stars drafted and WHERE. MAYBE if the hawks new scouting staff is so great they could have done the same without every pick in every draft and trading Debrincat, Hagel, etc..

This dude is acting like he’s playing NHL 23. AND OH GOSH is the new announcer a perfect match for this hellscape team.

“Shot and a goal!”

Sweet mother of god. You want to talk troll? I feel like the hawks announcer is trolling all of us.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Pez68

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Burning a team down and being ticked about that doesn’t make someone a troll. This team is a wasteland until the 2030s. It didn’t have to be that way. AND this scorched earth path does NOT automatically mean a lick of success. It looks like all your eggs are in the one Bedard basket. Having just come back from Vegas, I don’t like the odds.
There was no other alternative.

You either wake up and face reality, or live in a world of delusion where you sell futures for Seth Jones.

ploppsdman

Feb 5, 2004

ploppsdman

Feb 5, 2004
I must have missed when Dallas won the Cup.
What year are we in, again, bc I want to know the statute of limitations on ignoring how one team is in a good place and the other is in a hellscape.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
What year are we in, again, bc I want to know the statute of limitations on ignoring how one team is in a good place and the other is in a hellscape.
What good places are they in? Are they a contender on the up in up? They have a couple of 38 year olds supporting them. Benn and Seguin also north of 30.

But they never were washed out after success. How are the Hawks supposed to build up LIKE Dallas when they traded their young D potential in Boqvist and the last years pick. You want to build up like Dallas... that's what Bowman was trying to do and cost the team years of any direction.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Bedard would be REALLY nice, but the approach is far more than Bedard or bust. This draft is really deep in high end forwards, several of which would be either solidly the #1 pick or at the least in the conversation in most of the recent draft years. Being terrible and finishing as one of the last 2-3 teams means you will be able to add a really high end forward prospect even you get unlucky and don;t win the Bedard lottery. This thinking also ignores that we have added several other potential pieces in the prior couple of drafts. Yes some of the picks will turn into more suspect than prospect, but hoping to find a pair of of top for D out of all the guys we have used draft capital on recently is not that far fetched. Barring something crazy (some how this team wins a bunch down the stretch with an AHL roster), we will be adding a high end forward to a pretty deep D pool and it is not like we are devoid of other forward and goalie prospects already in the system. We will add several pieces this draft and are likely to be bad enough to be in the top end of the draft next year where you get true impact players. Most true star players come from the top 5 picks in the draft...not exclusively....but more often than not.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I think KD must have been watching Top Gun because "the need for speed" theme is quite prevalent in his pickups......and I have no problem with that as long as they aren't Yaremchuk type players.

• Wow
Reactions: MarotteMarauder

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Bedard would be REALLY nice, but the approach is far more than Bedard or bust. This draft is really deep in high end forwards, several of which would be either solidly the #1 pick or at the least in the conversation in most of the recent draft years.
Not several. Just Fantilli.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
If being good enough to qualify for the playoffs, but not being a serious contender is good enough for you, then I guess Dallas has done a great job.
Also, imagine using a team that got insanely lucky on a few lower 1sts as an example of an effective strategy.

Plopsman is basically just so spoiled at this point that he can’t see this franchise was in desperate need of an overhaul, top to bottom.

The hawks, under bowman, totally missed their window to reload/retool around Kane. What he’s suggesting was a viable option 5 years ago, imo. But it wasn’t any longer when when Davidson took over.

Plopsman’s opinion is little more than whining at this point, and it should be directed at Bowman.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: