Having fun

oilphan

Nov 21, 2005
I was at the Flyers game last week, and from the moment that the team stepped on the ice to the end of the game, it was very clear that the team is incredibly tightly wound. I really think it is impacting their game. They need to loosen up.

Even in the warmup, they look tight. Eakins, Yak, Hall, Ebs, etc. They are all skating back to the bench with their heads down, shaking their heads, banging their sticks on the ice. I was sitting right behind the bench, and Eakins is not encouraging at all. He does not even look at his players during the game. He just rags and rags on the refs....constantly complaining (this was before the Belov hit). I feel like if you stuck a needle into Yakupov, he would pop.

Eakins needs to get his head of of his dark hole, because I think it is his behaviour that is rubbing off on the players. Is is possible to loosen the team up? Instead of trying to get the team to enjoy playing and stand up for one another, it seems to me that his approach is more of a "if you are losing, you should be miserable." I just feel that this is the wrong approach for this team.

Thoughts?

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
I dunno man, I'd think that as competitive as these guys are they are beating themselves up over their season more than Eakins is. Even if Eakins was bouncing around the bench with rainbows and unicorns coming out of his butt I'm sure the players would still be pissed off.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Yeah it's tough when a coach expects better from his players. Welcome to the big leagues I'd say.

Playa Hejda

Oct 9, 2013
#yeg
Sounds like a Halloween party is needed. You know, get the boy to bond together otherwise this season might be a waste and the organization a fraud.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Its not enough fun making 6M/bucks a year chasing a puck with no responsibility, no planning, or worry attached. Everything arranged for you, just show up at rink or airports on time. Go through the motions expending the least bit of energy possible so you have some verve left to go clubbing later and pick up the hottest selection of babes.

Somebody needs to make this more fun, oh won't somebody think of the players..:cry:

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Eakins looks about as fun as drinking apple juice at a bar.... Seriously, Family Guy needs to do a Buzz Killington skit of Eakins. Guy just seems like a complete total ******. Plus losing isn't fun, so thats probably the main reason. But hey like replacement said, for 6mill a year, ill lose all 82 games and not give two ****s come june

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I was at the Flyers game last week, and from the moment that the team stepped on the ice to the end of the game, it was very clear that the team is incredibly tightly wound. I really think it is impacting their game. They need to loosen up.

Even in the warmup, they look tight. Eakins, Yak, Hall, Ebs, etc. They are all skating back to the bench with their heads down, shaking their heads, banging their sticks on the ice. I was sitting right behind the bench, and Eakins is not encouraging at all. He does not even look at his players during the game. He just rags and rags on the refs....constantly complaining (this was before the Belov hit). I feel like if you stuck a needle into Yakupov, he would pop.

Eakins needs to get his head of of his dark hole, because I think it is his behaviour that is rubbing off on the players. Is is possible to loosen the team up? Instead of trying to get the team to enjoy playing and stand up for one another, it seems to me that his approach is more of a "if you are losing, you should be miserable." I just feel that this is the wrong approach for this team.

Thoughts?

Most teams are miserable when they lose. This is professional hockey, not a pickup shinny game. This team had an upbeat guy last year. How did that work out for them?

oilphan

Nov 21, 2005
Most teams are miserable when they lose. This is professional hockey, not a pickup shinny game. This team had an upbeat guy last year. How did that work out for them?

Quite a bit better than it is this year.

Yakupov is a perfect example. When he is loose, he clearly plays a lot better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad