News Article: Have You Seen This Crazy Idea????

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
It would cost less actual money for Wang to pay Bryz than Dipi. From the 13-14 season on, DiPi has $36M left in actual salary while Bryz would only have $34.5M left.

RD's buyout would be $24m. $1.5m per over 16 yrs.

The Isles and their fans, will have to read a lot of dumb jokes over those yrs, about still paying DiPietro, but that's preferrable to making Bryz the isles highest paid player and giving up something valuable to the Flyers.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
You are referring to the cap hit. It still costs actual money for Wang.

I'm aware. I was only talking about cap hit since that's what CREW is talking about (see below)

I'm not saying it's a stupid idea to buyout RD. I'm a big RD fan, but even I realize he can't stay healthy and it's best if the Isles move on, buy him out.

I think the stupid part comes in, giving up the NYI young talent. I'd rather the isles faced facts, like they did with Yashin and buy DiPietro out themselves. It's $1.5m per. Not a huge amount when the cap ceiling is $60m+ . The isles will have more budget after their Brooklyn move.

If the Flyers do trade for Luongo, they will buyout Bryz.

If the isles front office wants Bryz, then make him an offer with less yrs and less dollars.

You missed the only point of my post. Buying out DP in the summer, under the new amnesty clause of the CBA, would take his entire $4.5M/year off our cap hit. Even if Wang is paying him $1.5M/year after buying him out, that money does not add to the team's cap hit. Wasn't saying it's stupid/not stupid to buy him out, just clarifying what the cap hit would be. :)

nyiguy21

Poster of the Decade
Aug 22, 2007
New York
RD's buyout would be $24m. $1.5m per over 16 yrs.

The Isles and their fans, will have to read a lot of dumb jokes over those yrs, about still paying DiPietro, but that's preferrable to making Bryz the isles highest paid player and giving up something valuable to the Flyers.
Yeah but the idea here is the Flyers use one of their buyouts on DiPi and we keep Bryz and see if he can figure himself out on the Island. If not, we could amnesty Bryz after the 13-14 season.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Yeah but the idea here is the Flyers use one of their buyouts on DiPi and we keep Bryz and see if he can figure himself out on the Island. If not, we could amnesty Bryz after the 13-14 season.

So Bryz can't take the pressure, when his Philly team has high SC expectations, yet the Isles won't have high expectations of their highest paid player ?

Bryz has not been impressive enough, to make him to be the isles highest paid player. also, I don't want to give up something significant, which I believe Philly would demand.

And don't buyouts count against the cap after 2013-2014?

I'd rather not get cute. Just buyout RD before 2013-2014, when it won't count against the cap.

nyiguy21

Poster of the Decade
Aug 22, 2007
New York
So Bryz can't take the pressure, when his Philly team has high SC expectations, yet the Isles won't have high expectations of their highest paid player ?

Bryz has not been impressive enough, to make him to be the isles highest paid player. also, I don't want to give up something significant, which I believe Philly would demand.

And don't buyouts count against the cap after 2013-2014?

I'd rather not get cute. Just buyout RD before 2013-2014, when it won't count against the cap.
I'm not saying it's the best thing ever or that it will work. Just that is the thought behind it. He did play rather well in his Phoenix days

The amnesty buyouts will go for the next 2 offseasons.

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
Wang would never do this to Rick. In DP's fantasy world, he makes some miraculous come back, worthy of a disney movie. That trade ruins that fantasy because he WILL NOT get picked up by anyone else, not even as a recrimination project.

wang is too good of friends with Dp to do that to him.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Wang would never do this to Rick. In DP's fantasy world, he makes some miraculous come back, worthy of a disney movie. That trade ruins that fantasy because he WILL NOT get picked up by anyone else, not even as a recrimination project.

wang is too good of friends with Dp to do that to him.

So you're saying he won't be getting another bank heist job?
Pun intended. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes