OT: Have you met fellow Flyers fans through HFBoards?

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I've met some former posters, and two of them made cameo appearances back in the Forum at the end of the season:

Chainsaw, CoachJ, Opus.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
HFBoards Meet-up 2015: a bunch of weird dudes shouting at each other at a bar about how much professional athletes should be making and which professional athletes are or will be better than other professional athletes.

I'm in. It would be fun to get flamed face to face rather than over the internet.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I've thought about offering up the suite when I get tickets for an HFboards game, but then I never do it haha. Too much explaining to do with the suite attendant.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I accidentally played with IrishSniper87 in NHL like 5 years ago, but I never mentioned anything about HFBoards. Does that count? :laugh:

I don't think anyone I've met or know in real life are on this forum.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
HFBoards Meet-up 2015: a bunch of weird dudes shouting at each other at a bar about how much professional athletes should be making and which professional athletes are or will be better than other professional athletes.

I'm in. It would be fun to get flamed face to face rather than over the internet.

you'd know when i arrived, cuz id be sporting the Leighton Jersey and a huge ass smile...

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I've only ever met Bill Meltzer and Dave Kilgore on a trip in the late '90s. Very nice guys.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm going back to Philly early July, i'd be down to meet someone. Assuming they're willing to put out.

There's a few people on here i'd like to meet, but unfortunately i think every one of them will try to feed me mustard.

THIS IS AN ALL POINTS BULLETIN.

If you ever meet Devastate, at any time, in any place, in any situation, it is vital that you feed him mustard somehow. Maybe slip it into his food or drink, or if necessary force feed it to him. It's not important how it gets into him, it's just important that it does.

You'll be able to identify him easily because he'll be dressed in full goalie equipment and has "Devastate" tattooed on his forehead.

DrHamburg

Mar 12, 2009
New York
I play nhl12 with solid snake. But I live in the middle of new york. So if you guys ever travel to see the Phantoms vs the comets, I own a bar near there so drinks would be on me ;-)

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
i live in boston territory so flyers fans arent welcome...nor canadian fans...as a matter of fact no fan other than boston fans are welcome from any sport as they dont realise there are other teams in the sports world.

I've been up there twice for games I love Boston as a city its so awesome. The TD garden is not comfortable though... Small ass wood chairs. The one time we had a guy in our row walk out into the aisle and stand there thru half the 2nd period talking to another guy two rows back before someone told the guys to wrap it up. It was fairly polite haha. Had that been in philly...... Yea.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
THIS IS AN ALL POINTS BULLETIN.

If you ever meet Devastate, at any time, in any place, in any situation, it is vital that you feed him mustard somehow. Maybe slip it into his food or drink, or if necessary force feed it to him. It's not important how it gets into him, it's just important that it does.

You'll be able to identify him easily because he'll be dressed in full goalie equipment and has "Devastate" tattooed on his forehead.

I carry a mustard packet at all times for this reason.

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs
I met Pazuzu for the STH town hall as he was kind enough to give me a spare ticket (and I did that write up). He was chill. We had a good time.

Same here, meeting you was cool, I'm glad you were paying such close attention to be able to recollect as much info as you did.

Since you guys were talking best wings, Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza makes some pretty good wings.

https://acfp.com/

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I think we should all get together and pound beers. MSE would have to be present. Always thought it would be cool to pick his brain

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Every time Jim Jackson (who I like a lot, actually) says: "And they SAY it is offsides...." take a drink.

See also: Arrival, Ill humor.

MadFerIt95*

I think we should all get together and pound beers. MSE would have to be present. Always thought it would be cool to pick his brain

Not everybody here is of legal age to consume alcohol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad