Movies: Have You Ever Tried To Make A Movie And How Did It Turn Out?

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Tangentially related-

Took a film class in high school and it was just a joke- I had interest in the subject, but the teacher and curriculum were awful and allowed me to screw about, so I did. Immature me. Anyways, one of the assignments was to film an advertisement for some nonsense product you'd made up. My buddy and I decided that "purp drank," a Gatorade alternative, would be perfect, and we proceeded to make our advert 30 seconds of my friend just screaming purp drank and intermixing it into random dialogue- "my girlfriend dumped me.. for purp drank." "My parents are divorcing.. I don't know who gets the purp drank."

Anyways, I hand this crap project in and I got a C- because the teacher didn't think I took it seriously. Which, y'know, accurate- but I asked about the names of other students' products. He could name 1 or 2, but beyond that he was at a loss. I then asked about my product. "Purp drank" he muttered, looking away.

Screw Becky's Doggone cute dog sweaters, my nonsense led to brand recognition in only 30 seconds. **** off, that's an A.

..and that was my film career.
Ahead of your time bro. Look at mountain dew and dorito commercials now.

Reactions: Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
Ahead of your time bro. Look at mountain dew and dorito commercials now.

yeah, honestly the purp drank concept is just as good as the old Dan Cortese' Burger King campaign..
If IlikeEich had been in the advertising game 25 years ago, he could've made a fortune. In the 90s, it was about fast cutaways, guys in backward caps yelling, rushing the camera lens, & doing X-games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad