Have you ever had a year where you'd be okay not to see any deadline trades made?

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Would you do Kulemin for Niskanen???

First of all, I really doubt Pittsburgh is going to be down for this. Niskanen is playing on their top PP. He's not going anywhere.

Secondly, why bother. Our defense is looking good since Gleason came aboard. We don't really have room for Niskanen right now. Might as well just stick with what we have.

Raymond seems to be the only guy we could move without hurting us much. Kulemin fits well on Kadri's wing, but he could be moved.

I don't see us doing much at all.

Ed Belfour

Nov 9, 2011
Toronto
I don't see us doing anything significant, but I would like to kick the tires on Cammalleri. Might be too expensive, but a guy like that who is instant offense would be awesome for us on the 2nd line with Kadri/Lupul and would be a huge help for our playoff run.

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
The team does need to plan ahead for next season. There are 4 UFA forwards (Bolland, Kulemin, Raymond and McClement) who are full time regulars. There aren't a slew of young forwards knocking on the door to the NHL. There's Holland then a bunch of question marks. Nonis may need to make a move to add a forward body or two who are under the Leafs' control next season or sign a couple of these impending UFAs. The likes of D'Amigo and Ashton aren't future 3rd liners.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
I really don't see a move to make. Unless it's the tough guys / some of the guys sitting in the press box in order to make room so Bodie / Ashton / D'Amigo can get regular minutes. Don't forget Trevor Smith still hasn't came back yet has he? He was playing well for us before he broke his hand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad