Have we forgotten that Burke traded away our franchise center?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maketrades

May 30, 2014
More than ever I've started to see that while we got a great player in Kessel, Seguin is, and would have been for us, a much more valuable player. He would've been the franchise center we've been missing since Sundin.

I know there was a period in time where absolutely everyone hated the trade, then as Kessel proved himself people were like, meh it's a wash.

Last season Seguin had 84 points as a 21/22 year old.

I'm starting to despise this trade once again.

I would easily do Kessel for Seguin 1 for 1 right now no questions asked.

In case that's not enough, we could also have Hamilton playing with Rielly right now, in addition to Seguin.

So all and all **** you Burke. I hope you **** over Calgary just as you did to us. :rant: :rant: :rant:

Kessley Snipes*

I don't recall Brian Burke ever trading Tyler Seguin for Phil Kessel.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Trade is never made if Rask was never dealt.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
There's actually an emote for this!

:deadhorse

There's nothing to discuss further about this. He's long gone.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Burke no longer believes his accelerated re-tooling plan works. He learned his lesson at Leaf Nation expense.

Now in Calgary he is singing a whole new tune that Flames are building patiently through the draft process, claiming shortcuts seldom work and rebuilds take time.

He inherited Sean Monahan and they drafted Sam Bennett and now have two young promising centers they plan to build a core upon and feel they have a bright future ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad