Line Combos: Have anyone seen a training from the last days?

Strix

Jan 26, 2015
Sweden
Since Soderberg now is in the house I am curious if anyone has seen anything from training or possible line combos?

He surely needs to be given some time until he has accustomed to the new system and line mates but it would be nice to hear how it looks...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Charlie Roumeliotos tweeted a look at Soderberg during a drill at practice this morning If you can call it a drill...everyone just doing nothing but standing around watching Soderberg playingvoaattycake passing behind the net with a dman(I think)...pretty lane drill.

I woukd have hooedvprectocexwax to clearvup incompetence we saw in giving up 2o goals in 4GP...

Fist..I woukd have bag-skated Keith and Murphy before practice to get them to hustle more and focus ....indicating a bag-skate displeasure at their performances so far.

Then I woukd have the team practice all d-zone coverages...defending rushess and board battle tests and in front of our crease shove outs...and on and on..

Team must be harder on the puck
..hopefully in all zones but at least start with d-zone defense..

Then tgey shoukd practice the pk ...2 forwards out to pester the point shots and 2 dmen practicing if I am closes I shove giy out of crease you go cover your side or center slot area...there should Never be a nobody tales out giycat tge crease or a you do it...no you do it hesitation so that nobody does it and both watch goals roll in..

I is just unacceptable to sedhowxsoftcand confused and late reacting and poir decision making....errors of commission and omission...espepecialky from vets lije Keith and Murohy...I expect rookies to get confused ir overpowered.. but supposedly 2 vets who are counted on for defense to be playing so bad is unacceptable.

Soderberg should be racing the pk because the guys we know have out are failing too much..it needs all tge help it can get.

So what is JC wasting time with useless slow motion patty cake kindergarten passing like von that video..I cannot understand JC wasting practice time for useless things like that..

On offensive practices he should be telling our forwards (assuming the times they get the pucks in our d-zone) to not be lazy with pastsibg it up the boards which too often get kept in by the points of hge opposing team ...ratger use energy and skate it out and tgevotger forwards go with them for 2on1 and 3 on2 breaks because we shoukd be catchingvthevoposcpinchinh at the blue line boards...so rish it right up the middle ..di line Kurashev did. Right uk the middle...teans have figured out too many of our lazy forwards refusectobexoendcenergy lughibgvthevoucknoutvthenselves on speed rushes ...

We are so predictable trying to exit our zone...either forwards do not carryboucksvoutvpastvour bluelinevbutctryvup passesconlyvamd mistvofvthesexalibgvthe boards or our dmen do an aroubdctge boards ckearxatemotvthat failsctobgetvout or ourcdmen vmove onlyva fewxfeetcwith the puck then try a longer pass to a forward that was up ice in motion already...But so few want to lug the puck from the dzone tobthevooos d-zone. And That is why The Hawks do not look like any other teM and havecso many problems.. out forwards have gotvto lug morevpucksvout themselves Nd if thevioos playing at the blueline boards then rush through the middle ...ifvtheyvarevpkaying the middle with a closer gap at our blueberry then ifcwe get the puck go north south upbthe birds.

This is nitvrocket science butvbadiicsxwexsee otger teams executute a lot morevoften then our guys do.

So wmWTF is JC "teaching " ?

Darned if I know...but simplyvwhatch tapes of other teams while forwards lug it out more...and Copy.

Simple but I guess beyond comprehension by JC.

So when you see a rush goal by Kurashev right up the middle ...that isxwhatxwe need to see a lot more.. botcthecpokevitvupbthe boardsxand maybe sonethingvwill haooen routine we get far too often.

So you betcha practices coukd be more effective ...instead I see toomey use drills.

When JC had those "battle drilks" at training camp ..they were away from the boards and away from our crease or away from the o-zone crease .but those are where most battles hapoen that are crucial to prevet or result in offensive goals..

So I woukd havecsoebt 190% of battlecdrillsvin thse crucial areas not in tge face off dot area like he wasted too much time on.

I simply do not get the point of JCs practices.. tgeyvseem notvto address ourcwirst flaws both defensively and offensively..

Soft...slow and stupid...I guess tgatvusxwhat JC is "teaching".

Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Charlie Roumeliotos tweeted a look at Soderberg during a drill at practice this morning If you can call it a drill...everyone just doing nothing but standing around watching Soderberg playingvoaattycake passing behind the net with a dman(I think)...pretty lane drill.

I woukd have hooedvprectocexwax to clearvup incompetence we saw in giving up 2o goals in 4GP...

Fist..I woukd have bag-skated Keith and Murphy before practice to get them to hustle more and focus ....indicating a bag-skate displeasure at their performances so far.

Then I woukd have the team practice all d-zone coverages...defending rushess and board battle tests and in front of our crease shove outs...and on and on..

Team must be harder on the puck
..hopefully in all zones but at least start with d-zone defense..

Then tgey shoukd practice the pk ...2 forwards out to pester the point shots and 2 dmen practicing if I am closes I shove giy out of crease you go cover your side or center slot area...there should Never be a nobody tales out giycat tge crease or a you do it...no you do it hesitation so that nobody does it and both watch goals roll in..

I is just unacceptable to sedhowxsoftcand confused and late reacting and poir decision making....errors of commission and omission...espepecialky from vets lije Keith and Murohy...I expect rookies to get confused ir overpowered.. but supposedly 2 vets who are counted on for defense to be playing so bad is unacceptable.

Soderberg should be racing the pk because the guys we know have out are failing too much..it needs all tge help it can get.

So what is JC wasting time with useless slow motion patty cake kindergarten passing like von that video..I cannot understand JC wasting practice time for useless things like that..

On offensive practices he should be telling our forwards (assuming the times they get the pucks in our d-zone) to not be lazy with pastsibg it up the boards which too often get kept in by the points of hge opposing team ...ratger use energy and skate it out and tgevotger forwards go with them for 2on1 and 3 on2 breaks because we shoukd be catchingvthevoposcpinchinh at the blue line boards...so rish it right up the middle ..di line Kurashev did. Right uk the middle...teans have figured out too many of our lazy forwards refusectobexoendcenergy lughibgvthevoucknoutvthenselves on speed rushes ...

We are so predictable trying to exit our zone...either forwards do not carryboucksvoutvpastvour bluelinevbutctryvup passesconlyvamd mistvofvthesexalibgvthe boards or our dmen do an aroubdctge boards ckearxatemotvthat failsctobgetvout or ourcdmen vmove onlyva fewxfeetcwith the puck then try a longer pass to a forward that was up ice in motion already...But so few want to lug the puck from the dzone tobthevooos d-zone. And That is why The Hawks do not look like any other teM and havecso many problems.. out forwards have gotvto lug morevpucksvout themselves Nd if thevioos playing at the blueline boards then rush through the middle ...ifvtheyvarevpkaying the middle with a closer gap at our blueberry then ifcwe get the puck go north south upbthe birds.

This is nitvrocket science butvbadiicsxwexsee otger teams executute a lot morevoften then our guys do.

So wmWTF is JC "teaching " ?

Darned if I know...but simplyvwhatch tapes of other teams while forwards lug it out more...and Copy.

Simple but I guess beyond comprehension by JC.

So when you see a rush goal by Kurashev right up the middle ...that isxwhatxwe need to see a lot more.. botcthecpokevitvupbthe boardsxand maybe sonethingvwill haooen routine we get far too often.

So you betcha practices coukd be more effective ...instead I see toomey use drills.

When JC had those "battle drilks" at training camp ..they were away from the boards and away from our crease or away from the o-zone crease .but those are where most battles hapoen that are crucial to prevet or result in offensive goals..

So I woukd havecsoebt 190% of battlecdrillsvin thse crucial areas not in tge face off dot area like he wasted too much time on.

I simply do not get the point of JCs practices.. tgeyvseem notvto address ourcwirst flaws both defensively and offensively..

Soft...slow and stupid...I guess tgatvusxwhat JC is "teaching".

Clear, concise and to the point!

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
He's been bouncing around the lineup in practice.

Seems like Colliton is trying him everywhere just to see how he meshes.

Honestly, while I think bringing on a 35 year old in a year when we really should just be throwing the kids into the fire to see what we have is kinda dumb, from a purely tactics perspective, I don't really see why Soderberg couldn't fill the 'Anisimov' role and provide some decent responsibility down the middle while Kane carries the puck 90% of the time.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
He's been bouncing around the lineup in practice.

Seems like Colliton is trying him everywhere just to see how he meshes.

Honestly, while I think bringing on a 35 year old in a year when we really should just be throwing the kids into the fire to see what we have is kinda dumb, from a purely tactics perspective, I don't really see why Soderberg couldn't fill the 'Anisimov' role and provide some decent responsibility down the middle while Kane carries the puck 90% of the time.

agreed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad