NFL: Has this been one of the most unwatchable years of football?

Has this been the most unwatchable year of football?

• Total voters

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I agree
& the new PI review rule is an utter joke, why even change the rule if none of these obvious muggings will be overturned?

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Yes, absolutely.

Even in games I'm not emotionally involved in, it's frustrating. So many ticky-tack calls, penalties being called on the opposite side of a play that have nothing to do with where the action is going, the refs basically thumbing their nose at the PI review. It's embarrassing. They oughta fire the whole damn bunch of them, administration included. Wipe the slate clean. I don't care if you have to start over from scratch with high school refs.

I told somebody during that Lions/Packers game, I don't believe NFL games are rigged, but if they were rigged, they'd probably look a lot like that. And that's how you know they're facing a credibility problem, if it wasn't obscenely obvious last year.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
There is way too many stupid rules in place for player protection especially QBs going low on the QB? penalty even though you are taught to hit low naturally when tackling. Randomly tap a QB's helmet? 15 yard personal flag that adds to the play(or in case any time a QB's head snaps the refs love to throw it even though they didn't get hit). Bias has also heavily turned the interest away with Cam taking so many blatant head shots in the pocket while the golden boys get tapped in their upper body or get their "weight of a player" on them for sack and get free 15 yards and first downs...so many Panthers fans were pissed off enough after Cam took that cheap shot from Watt last year against the Steelers and it ruined our season and laughably it counted as a fumble and we had to punt instead of getting 15 yards and chance to get back momentum. Brady got tapped on the shoulder in the game against the Chiefs in the playoffs and they got their drive kept alive by roughing the passer showing what a blatant joke the refs are.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The excessive rules and penalties are grinding games down. The replays are grinding games down. The QB injuries are grinding the game down.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
My team is undefeated so I can't complain too much. However, the constant stop for commercials, the wave of penalty flags preventing any flow happening, and the refs having to make themselves the star of the game has been frustrating to watch. I think that was one of the reasons why I enjoyed the mud game. That was 2 and a half hours but the flow of the game made it feel quicker.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Game presentation is much worse than calls and reviews, imo.

4-5 commercials a quarter plus those ads between plays now. The nuance of replays, watching the sideline reactions, and the commentators talking has been lost. It's like the game is being presented in clips.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Until refs get fined for calls it won't change.

Have learned now that whatever the announcers think the call should be...the opposite happens.

And its the calls late in games to extend drives for teams that are losing that refs should be fined for. Getting way too obvious

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
If you're gonna pause games for 10 minutes for each replay review, at least get the calls right. The NFL can't even do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad