Has The Number 69 Been Worn By An OHL Player?

OHL Discussion

Mar 5, 2018
If you didn't know, I run an Instagram page, OHL Discussion (@ohl.discussion) • Instagram photos and videos

I am currently running a series where I run down each day until the season begins with a corresponding number, (e.g day 88 was Patrick Kane, and today (75) was Duncan Penman.)

Has 69 ever been worn in the league? I know modern day it is banned for obvious reasons, but I'm curious if an ohl player in previous times have ever worn the number.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
If you didn't know, I run an Instagram page, OHL Discussion (@ohl.discussion) • Instagram photos and videos

I am currently running a series where I run down each day until the season begins with a corresponding number, (e.g day 88 was Patrick Kane, and today (75) was Duncan Penman.)

Has 69 ever been worn in the league? I know modern day it is banned for obvious reasons, but I'm curious if an ohl player in previous times have ever worn the number.

There may have been a player or team to use the number 69 in the early days of the league's but not in modern era's to my knowledge. Usually most junior teams use the number system 1-50 or lower from an OS fan standpoint I can confirm that the Attack only use the numbering system 1-40 with the exception of 14 as a Memorial Banner to former captain Dan Snyder from Elmira, Ontario was raised shortly after his passing in 2003.

Any OHL fan who hasn't made a trip to Owen Sound for a game can find Mr. Snyder's banner just inside the Attack's Defensive end for periods 1 and 3 as well as his 14 on the dressing room door and captain's wall on the upper concourse in the northeast corner of the building.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I can confirm that the Attack only use the numbering system 1-40 with the exception of 14 as a Memorial Banner to former captain Dan Snyder from Elmira, Ontario was raised shortly after his passing in 2003.

Time moves so quickly but what a terrible tragedy that was. Two families literally torn apart by such a terrible event. May we all give a quick thought to Dan and his family, hoping they are doing as well as one can all these years later.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Once saw someone with a #69 "Shootzy" jersey at a Sabres game lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad