OT: Has the Novel Coronavirus infected this web site?

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
In the title.

What kind of an upgrade have they attempted - and why?

Can you imagine how bad it would be if they were actually playing hockey?

Has there been any explanation given anywhere?

There was a big message up over the past few days. Migrated to a new server.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I saw that. It didn't explain anything. Why a new server? Why has it gone all pear shaped?

No idea. Usually a new server would mean a need to increase capacity, but it's beyond my area of expertise why it's having trouble.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I saw that. It didn't explain anything. Why a new server? Why has it gone all pear shaped?

Yeah it didn't explain anything. The site was working fine, they migrated, then it took 48 hours to post something, then they were doing maintenance, now it takes 26 hours to post something. Buttons and text just goes invisible at times. Why you do HF?

Reactions: Jets 31

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah it didn't explain anything. The site was working fine, they migrated, then it took 48 hours to post something, then they were doing maintenance, now it takes 26 hours to post something. Buttons and text just goes invisible at times. Why you do HF?

I assume they were trying to increase capacity as the site was close to crashing at busy times. Something has gone wrong though. I would appreciate a little information from HF, maybe a projected timeline.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
It's all a clever ploy. Soon will come the message that more money is needed for server upgrading, and site will be pay-to-play only. Wait for it. :popcorn:

Reactions: GNP and Jets 31

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I have Business Level internet cable access through Shaw....

Something has changed...

When I post it's like...

SlushyAbsoluteApe-max-1mb.gif

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Posting time seems to be down to around 5-10 seconds. This site is on the mend. Might be out of ICU soon. :)

Reactions: Jets 31

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Posting time seems to be down to around 5-10 seconds. This site is on the mend. Might be out of ICU soon. :)

Maybe it's only better because a lot of people can't be bothered dealing with the server issues and posting activity is down. I've noticed we've been Finn-free for quite a while. That's probably a 20% drop in posts on our board alone. :sarcasm:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Just a trick I have for you guys until the site returns to normal (if you haven't started doing it already).

I have two tabs open with HF and just hop back and forth as I post. The posting is immediate, it's just the hang of displaying that on the user end that is making it seem super slow

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Just a trick I have for you guys until the site returns to normal (if you haven't started doing it already).

I have two tabs open with HF and just hop back and forth as I post. The posting is immediate, it's just the hang of displaying that on the user end that is making it seem super slow

Having to wait a few seconds to see your post... Luxury! I can remember carrying on conversations through email digests where it took days or weeks to discuss a matter. And we were damn glad to have it. Damn kids nowadays and their need for immediate gratification. :wally:

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Having to wait a few seconds to see your post... Luxury! I can remember carrying on conversations through email digests where it took days or weeks to discuss a matter. And we were damn glad to have it. Damn kids nowadays and their need for immediate gratification. :wally:
Reminded me of a Monty Python sketch...what doesn't:sarcasm:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Shouldn't bitch about something so small compared to what's going on right now . But it's fricken annoying . :laugh:

I don't look at is as bitching. Openly sharing how a situation is making you feel is part of maintaining a healthy state of mind. It's not good to internalize feelings of frustration and disappointment. You need to release the bad, so there is room in your heart to receive the good. :nod:

Or just do this...

XhJaf.gif

:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad