Has The Bedard Hype Died Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Why would anyone be talking him or the Blackhawks right now? He's shown what he can do in the NHL, he will be an elite player for years. He got hurt, still led the team in scoring and showed you the flashes of greatness on a terrible team.

There's nothing else to talk about with him right now.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Yes it has died. Didn't live up to it. You can trade him to the Canucks for Elias Pettersson.

Please.

• Haha
Reactions: lawrence

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Only thing to speculate about is how his off-season will go, will he hit a sophomore slump or will he improve and by how much, and will the hawks do anything to improve the roster and try to get him a wingman or stand pat tanking another year

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
His team isn’t in the playoffs so people are focused on other things. If he scores some goals in the world championships, people may talk about it a bit.

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
The press only needed to hype him during the regular season to get his award. Now he needs to get ready for next year's brutality.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
The Blackhawks were so bad there wasn't much to talk about after he came back from injury.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Not sure I see the full Crosby/Ovi/McDavid generational potential with him, but at least offensively I think it's going to be fun to track his career vs. Kane's.

Considering 88 is likely retiring soon as the greatest US born player, that's not small praise. The question will be can the Blackhawks find him his own Toews?

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
We've hit the offseason and I haven't heard much chatter about Bedard at all
You answered your own question. People are focused on the playoffs. Bedard is playing for Canada in the WC next month. Probably will be the next time you hear about him

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
We've hit the offseason and I haven't heard much chatter about Bedard at all, one way or the other. This is a stark difference from last summer as you can remember.

What happened to the Bedard hype? Was his season a disappointment?
He is season went pretty much as expected. His team was just so so bad and will be so so bad for a while barring a Celebrini draft this off season.

There’s really nothing to talk about regarding him until he plays for TC at the world championship and then wins the Calder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad