Has PK Subban’s skating declined?

Shawnathon

Jul 25, 2012
PK is having a Norris like season and I think he is a very good defenceman, but I was watching him last game and thinking he looked slower then he did in Montreal. Has his skating downhill or has he tamed down and started to play more responsible?

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
He is slower. I think it's due to the fact he put on some muscle mass since his rookie season. He gained 10-15 lbs since he was a rookie I believe.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
He slowed down his last season in Montreal because he put on muscle that he probably didn't even need the summer before, he was already strong enough and lost some speed because of it. Then he also still might be feeling his back injury from last season which sounded pretty serious, probably overdid it at the gym squatting too much or something dumb like that.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
People think he's fast just because he's a puck moving defenseman...

When he entered the league, he was fast, but since then he decided to bulk up as much as possible, which made him lost his speed.

You hear poster spout that Weber is slow (which is not true), but Subban isn't any faster

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
well players get slower as they get older typically

pretty simple concept so it was a pretty simple explanation

I think that anybody who watches sports gets that. I don’t think that’s the question that was being asked by the OP.

I think if his skating has appeared to slow down, it’s because he’s been shown to have been building mass the last couple of seasons on top of becoming a more responsible defensive player. Certainly isn’t hurting him.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010

When he entered the league, he was fast, but since then he decided to bulk up as much as possible, which made him lost his speed.

You hear poster spout that Weber is slow (which is not true), but Subban isn't any faster

Lol Subban is definitely faster than Weber.

Don’t kid yourself.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

Okay now.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
How do all of these Habs fans know this information that PK bulked up during the summer?. Do you guys still follow him?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

He's not that fast but he's definitely faster than Weber

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Im not a Habs or Preds fan but have noticed it aswell. Started to see it in his last season in Montreal. He is still a smooth skater and a good skater but he isnt close to as fast as he once was.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
His acceleration took a hit when he bulked up and added 10-15 pounds of weight. He used to be around 200 pounds and that's when he would take the puck and cut through entire teams regularly.

Nowadays he's more like a freight train. He has pretty good top speed still, but he needs a lot of space to get there.

He adjusted his game accordingly, but I do miss seeing him skate the puck like he used to do.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015

Weber is slow and subban is faster.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad