Has anyone seen this?

matnor

Oct 3, 2009
Boston
I think it's pretty obvious it's a joke but judging from the comments on the site a lot of people are upset. Just look at their adjusted stats for Orr:

http://www.nomoreorr.com/bobby-orrs-adjusted-stats/

Obviously they just made that stuff up and are just poking a little fun at the idea of adjusting stats. While it's not hilarious I smiled a little at this site.

Leafs Forever

Jul 14, 2009
It's an idiotic site made by people looking for pbulicity is my explaination.

Any site that adjusts Orr's offense to more modern times where his career high point toal is 20 points has no credibility. "Sophisticated computer simulation"? Ya right.

Don't give the terrible site anymore hits.

-----------------

If this is really a joke, I don't find it funny.

Leafs Forever

Jul 14, 2009
From their FAQ:

Q: Is this site a joke?
A: No! This site is most certainly NOT a joke. While some may find it hard to believe we’re actually on a campaign to have Bobby Orr removed from the Hockey Hall of Fame, we believe that after thoroughly examining the content of our site, most visitors will leave sharing our stance on Bobby Orr’s position in the Hall of Fame.

matnor

Oct 3, 2009
Boston
From their FAQ:

A: No! This site is most certainly NOT a joke. While some may find it hard to believe we’re actually on a campaign to have Bobby Orr removed from the Hockey Hall of Fame, we believe that after thoroughly examining the content of our site, most visitors will leave sharing our stance on Bobby Orr’s position in the Hall of Fame.

Well, to me that just indicates that the site is a joke.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
I'm not sure how anyone could possibly take this seriously. It's clearly a joke. Not really all that funny when you read it either...I guess the real laugh comes when you run across people that actually get offended by it.

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
From their FAQ:

:laugh:

It can only be a joke.

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
Sentences like this should give you the answer right away.

''Orr played in a time period where NHL hockey players didn’t make the kind of big money they make today, and thus, they had less of a reason to try. [...] The lack of contract money back then simply did not give players the motivation to excel that it does today.''

:D

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Welcome to 2010 where anyone can say anything they want regardless of how horribly wrong they are and the idea is to be tolerant of everyone's ridiculous observations. Personally I'd rather be right than politically correct, this guy is a loon

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Welcome to 2010 where anyone can say anything they want regardless of how horribly wrong they are and the idea is to be tolerant of everyone's ridiculous observations. Personally I'd rather be right than politically correct, this guy is a loon

And what if it's a joke, as seems to be the prevailing opinion here?

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
And what if it's a joke, as seems to be the prevailing opinion here?

Can you picture a knowledgable hockey fan who knows the history of the game degrading a legend and a consensus top 3 player of all time just for kicks? Neither can I.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Can you picture a knowledgable hockey fan who knows the history of the game degrading a legend and a consensus top 3 player of all time just for kicks? Neither can I.

Sure I can. It's in the link in the first post.

And people do this sort of thing for humor all of the time.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/area-man-claims-to-be-nhl-hall-of-famer,5545/

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nhl-offers-will-ferrell-350-to-do-movie-about-hock,6032/

http://www.theonion.com/articles/hockey-hall-of-fame-ceremony-held-at-steves-place,6458/

(In fact, the first one is directly applicable here).

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003

Yes stuff like that is funny. I don't know, I remember sending an email to the guy a long time ago about the Nomoreorr.com site. He sent one back and the way he talked reminded me the way some fans do here assuming everyone who played prior to 2005 was garbage. I guess when you've been on HF boards like I have you've heard it all about how no one from the old days would compete today. So either the site is satire, and we can all see the irony, or it's a serious attempt to smear an image. Either way I've seen it both ways. Yikes. Remember chooch on here who made a personal agenda to downgrade everything Gretzky accomplished? There are trolls out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad