OT: Has anyone purchased a Tour Des Canadiens condo?

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
I laugh everytime I hear their publicity.

Live with the players (meet)

Players live in Brossard, Candiac

Not there :laugh:

Joe Cole

Jun 17, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Who wants to live in the immediate area of 200 super crowed events?

Where do you get groceries? How many parking lot jams are you going to get tied up in?

The train will be a constant wake up call too.

This would only be my third residence, if I had that kind of cash.

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC
so 250k$ is considered low for a one bed room condo nowadays?

Dont come anywhere near Vancouver.....**** is on another level over here.

250K is a price I would like to pay for a Downtown condo in Vancouver. I think a 250K condo in Downtown last existed sometime in the mid-90s. **** is indeed on another level here. A one-bedroom in Downtown goes for at least 500-600K nowadays.

This is a great website for those considering investing in Vancouver's real estate market. I do not think it is this crazy out East:

http://www.crackshackormansion.com/
http://www.crackshackormansion.com/part2.html

WestIslander

Feb 5, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
I don't think you have all the facts.

- People that work in downtown

Where do you get groceries? How many parking lot jams are you going to get tied up in?

- The condo is connected underground to the Eaton Centre and you can walk to Mourelatos

- The condo is 50 floors high, built of concrete and sound proof

Mister Potato

Sep 30, 2009
Units are on sale right now ? I wanted to get something at 250K for one bedroom. Is there any left ?

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal

- Underground parking for residents.

- Sound proof windows as well.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
This screams rental or 2nd home.

I'd go crazy if I had to live there all year long.

Also good luck in getting a home theater set-up. Neighbours will have your head in under a week.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
I'm more or less thinking about it, but I'm really not sure. There are arguments for believing it's a one-of-a-kind deal, and arguments saying otherwise.

A big fear I have is that most people who will buy a condo there won't live in it. Not sure what kind of neighbors I would end up with.

Joe Cole

Jun 17, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
WestIslander and HarryHabs...

do you think that your car will hoover over the thousands of people and cars on every event night?

Sure, it is nice to walk to work, but you also have the noise and crowds of the trains in the AM and event crowds in the PM. Seriously, there are better options downtown.

Walk to Mourelatos, that I was unaware of and is a benefit but.... how far is the walk with your 5 grocery bags, every time you do groceries.

Sound proof, yeah yeah. None of us have ever lived that close to THAT much constant huge crowds and the stuff it brings with it.

I can see the allure, but the REAL day to day would grind on me very fast. As a third home, I think it would be cool.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
I'm more or less thinking about it, but I'm really not sure. There are arguments for believing it's a one-of-a-kind deal, and arguments saying otherwise.

A big fear I have is that most people who will buy a condo there won't live in it. Not sure what kind of neighbors I would end up with.

Even if the condos are half vacant - you have to have be willing to accept lack of privacy and small living accommodations in respect to the investment.

Personally I rather invest 300K a bit outside of the city and have a yard, a home, and nobody telling me how loud I can listen to music, movies etc..

I also believe more people over emphasize the need to live downtown. For most it's a temporary lifestyle, either for school and a few years after that.

For me at least, living downtown got old fast.

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL
It's good deal because they have to pre-sell to avoid the condo bubble that will burst once griffintown will be in it's final stages.

WakeUpNHL

Mar 9, 2011
Montreal
Tour des Canadiens is INSANELY priced.

Dropped by, this Thursday, at the Tour des Canadiens to see what as being offered.

The whole visit was quite an eye-opener, the condo units are priced at 550$ a square foot and higher! The $250K is for a unit less than 500 sq ft... basically a hotel room sized studio!

The 2 bedroom unit I was looking at was 903 sq feet, which was priced at 527K plus 60K for parking spot plus taxes for a total of $675K!!

These prices are on the high end of the Montreal condo market, the Tour des Canadiens is just a marketing ploy to sell overpriced units using the Montreal Canadiens brand. And... it is working, as of Thursday last week, of the odd 450 units available I would say that 90% already have deposits.

I guess Geoff needs to monetize that Canadiens brand and bring in some hard dollars for the investors... i'm sure he is not losing any sleep over the revenue-less lockout!!!

Last edited:

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Edit headline: Has anyone purchased a Tour Des Canadiens condom?

:laugh:

Don't think you'll find anyone posting here owning one honestly. The units downtown all gain more value with time when they're empty, which is a serious factor driving initial prices up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad