Confirmed with Link: Hartnell to Columbus for Umberger and a 4th Round Pick

The Four Seven

You encountered Negative Man!
Feb 3, 2009
Central Ohio
Hartnell's signed until 2019-2020, at a slightly higher cap hit.

His production's been slightly better, but does that justify the trade, especially given the added 4th-rounder?

Considering Umby was gone regardless, yes.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
So we give up Umberger and a 4th for a player at the same age who is signed longer (5 years) at a larger cap hit (4.75), who also is one of the cheaper players in the league?

Yeah, not gonna be happy about this. Still despise the guy from his days in Nashville. Don't think that makes us much better.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
This would've been flamed to high heaven on the trade boards.

Seems like a great deal. Couldn't be happier with the outcome.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Hartnell waived his NMC to come here. Kinda cool. Somebody who wanted out for someone who wanted in.

IHeartZherdev*

Wow. With Hartnell and Dubie on the team, I sense a lot of games getting out of hand and us being shorthanded a lot....Remember when Dallas paired Avery and Ott?

I'm all for sticking up for Joey and making sure no one takes liberties with Bob but I'd rather the CBJ be known for their skill than their antics

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
So we give up Umberger and a 4th for a player at the same age who is signed longer (5 years) at a larger cap hit (4.75), who also is one of the cheaper players in the league?

Yeah, not gonna be happy about this. Still despise the guy from his days in Nashville. Don't think that makes us much better.

I get this. Years ago I would have advocated for bringing in Hartnell but he's gotten even cheaper in Philly. That said, this seems like quality return for RJU.

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
I was wrong apparently Umberger did have a little value. I am happy with the outcome of this trade. I like trading with Philly, it always seems like we win the trades.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus

You happen to look at their stats ?

elmariachi227

Aug 27, 2012
Cleveland
Hartnell better than RJ no doubt but was the same age and probably on the downhill swing. I think the big factor is how Hartnell gels with the team.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Hahahaha. For all you people who rode on RJ for the last few years are going to have a field day with Hartnell. We basically traded for a longer term more expensive RJ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad