Proposal: Hartnell + Milano for #4/5 RH DFD

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
The idea behind this trade is that Werenski gets someone to help shelter him on the bottom pair. The D you offer should be able to step in possibly on first and second pair if injuries occurred. For instance Dalton Prout of CBJ would not work Bc if he were on the top pair we would lose by 50.
Hartnell said he has agreed to move him NMC for expansion, so for the sake of this thread please assume he gets traded for the condition he will waive for your team as well.

Murray Jones
Johnson Savard
Werenski ****

That is the spot we need to fill, also consider the best option would be someone who is making less than Hartnell, however if the salaries are close enough and the player is sufficient, a deal could still be done.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Phew... Manson from Anaheim comes to mind. Anaheim doesn't want to take cap though.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Postma from the Jets would be avilable and would be a perfect fit on the bottom pairing. He's faired well in his games with WPG, just hard for him to crack the lineup with Buff, Myers and Trouba on the right side. $850 K salary. No idea what the return would be, but it wouldnt be significant.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
The top 4 are going to take the majority of the minutes. The team also needs people up front to score goals too so I doubt another top 4 D is high on the priority list

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Phew... Manson from Anaheim comes to mind. Anaheim doesn't want to take cap though.

Yeah that's definitely not happening. Bieksa + 3rd/4th for Hartnell could work if we don't find a better LW and are able to dump Stoner/Despres.

Last edited:

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I'd do Wizniewski for that.

Or Brett Pesce for Hartnell + Bjorkstrand

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Sign Polak or Schenn. Or use Harrington or another prospect. It's probably not a big deal.

Bollski

Dec 29, 2015
Cody Franson from Buffalo?

He's not great, but if its just third pair, that he can do. Also has only 1 year left on his deal, I'm gonna assume CBJ would like that. RHD

Sabres have the $ to take Hartnell now that Stamwatch is over, should be extremely interested in Milano as well. Hartnell can plug into line 2 or 3 wing and bump Gionta down to line 4 where he belongs. Milano upside is obvious. Worth taking on Hartnell's 3 years for Milano, imo

Would CBJ really consider Franson for Hartnell + Milano? Obviously I know Hartnell's contract is the negative value here, but even so, that seems a bit... lopsided.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Why?

Seriously, why?

This only makes sense to me if we're trying to trade Savard for a premium return given the current state of the market. Otherwise, why bother? We'd be overpaying for a low quality asset.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
The idea behind this trade is that Werenski gets someone to help shelter him on the bottom pair. The D you offer should be able to step in possibly on first and second pair if injuries occurred. For instance Dalton Prout of CBJ would not work Bc if he were on the top pair we would lose by 50.
Hartnell said he has agreed to move him NMC for expansion, so for the sake of this thread please assume he gets traded for the condition he will waive for your team as well.

Murray Jones
Johnson Savard
Werenski ****

That is the spot we need to fill, also consider the best option would be someone who is making less than Hartnell, however if the salaries are close enough and the player is sufficient, a deal could still be done.

We have enough defensemen. Columbus has no need to do this.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
While poile is still working magic the preds will offer bitteto and a 4th

No way. While I'd love to have Hartnell on the Preds, his NTC is a deal breaker. He would automatically have to be protected in the expansion draft. It isn't worth losing Ellis or Smith, because you have to waste a protection spot for Hartnell.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
We dont NEEEED a RHD to play on the right side. For all we know it could be

Murray-Jones
Johnson-Savard
Werenski-Kukan

We all get lost in the RHD vs LHD but good players can play both, just like wingers. Obviously some are better on certain sides, but good players are effective on both sides.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
No way. While I'd love to have Hartnell on the Preds, his NTC is a deal breaker. He would automatically have to be protected in the expansion draft. It isn't worth losing Ellis or Smith, because you have to waste a protection spot for Hartnell.

Just throw them in the trade, we'll take one of them off your hands :naughty: :sarcasm:

sunnyvale

Apr 29, 2013
NJ
Josh Jacobs? Sign a UFA bottom pair guy for now, he should be ready after 1 year of seasoning.

Miggus

Feb 8, 2011
There's absolutely no point in this. Werenski should be a player who makes his partner better or at least is on par with him, not the other way around. And a dman who'd be good enough to help Werenski would be seriously wasted on 3rd pair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad