Hart vs Conn Smythe

Hart vs Conn Smythe

• Total voters

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
The Hart is much more prestigious, but if your favourite player plays on your favourite team then you pretty much have to go with Conn Smythe.

Reactions: Hockey Outsider

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
You have to be lucky to get a chance at the cnn smythe (playing in a team that wins the Stanley cup is rare) some of the best players in this league can’t even manage to get past round one or even into the playoffs let alone that.

Meanwhile everyone has a chance at he hart and it says over an entire season you were fhe best, so that.

Reactions: Wings4Life

Leonhard Euler

Mar 5, 2018
I went with Hart because I think it's harder to achieve and is more prestigious.
I don't have a one team that I root for so I don't have to make this same cup connection others are making here.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Hart

You can lose the cup and get the Smythe

Think most are assuming cup win that vote for it. Meaning they’re actually voting for he cup, not the smythe

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
I'd rather them win the Conn Smythe, but the Hart trophy is more prestigious since it's a better measurement for elite talent.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Hart is the more prestigious (IMO) individual award, but as a fan I'd rather see the Conn Smythe because it likely means my favorite team also won the Cup.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Henrik Lundqvist just needs his cup so I would pick the Conn Smythe without hesitation

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I think this poll is about just the trophies so I'll ignore the likely Cup win and take the Hart.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The Hart in a vacuum but Conn Smythe means you won the Cup.

I mean, you can technically not won the Cup, but that's happened what, three times?

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Conn Smythe, duh. Means the team I root for won the Stanley Cup.

How weird it would be though if Luke Johnson actually won the Hart Trophy.

LuckyBoeser

Oct 8, 2018
The Hart in a vacuum but Conn Smythe means you won the Cup.

I mean, you can technically not won the Cup, but that's happened what, three times?
These are the players that won Conn Smythe on the losing team:

2003: Mighty Ducks of Anaheim - G Jean-Sebastien Giguere
1987: Philadelphia Flyers - G Ron Hextall
1976: Philadelphia Flyers - RW Reggie Leach
1968: St. Louis Blues - G Glenn Hall
1966: Detroit Red Wings - G Roger Crozier

Reactions: Machinehead

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Ted Lindsay should be Hart.
The current Hart trophy is voted by a crew of pompous journalists and media guru's, who don't even take the very meaning of the trophy as the paramount factor. Some of those members are such terrible journalists, it's a head scratcher how they are even on the voting committee
The Lindsay is voted by the players themselves, who compete with the candidates face to face, and have a much more respected opinion than some entitled keyboard master with an undeserving 6 figure salary and biased opinions

Even the Conn Smythe. It was unanimous amongst the vast majority of fans that watched the NHL playoffs, Jordan Binnington should've been the MVP of the playoffs. ROR was paramount to the championship, but they don't even get past the 1st round without Binnington, or even make the playoffs.

The NHLPA should be the committee that votes for both the Hart and the Conn Smythe

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Id want my favourtie player to win the CS as that means we won the cup. But Hart more often goes to the best player. CS goes to the best player of a particular round and its often just the hottest player at that time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad