Hart Trophy: Who has better claim?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Maybe should get one of your threads closed,

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
So....overall their total scoring is very close (with 6pts with a game to play for MacK)......and you are going to try and paint a picture that Kuch signifcantly outscored MacK in games against teams in the top 10, while at the same time, also scored more against the weaker teams? How is that possible? Unless you are cherry picking.....more against top 10 and more against bottom 10, but we'll forget all about the teams in the middle? Not sure if bottom 10 is even true or top 10 for that matter, but I'll take the stats you provided at face value, which suggests Kuch would have scored 94pts against teams outside the top 10 and MacK would have scored 112pts.

As note, who cares if there are more teams at the bottom in the West? Overall there are more mediocre teams in the middle in the East.....the Eastern teams have given up more goals than the teams in the West....that's just a factual data point....I'm happy to ignore it, but don't use it as an argument for Kuch suggesting it's harder for him to scorer because of the better competition.....that's simply not true.
It is possible because kucherov has more points and more points per game.

Reactions: Tofveve

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
MacKinnon

2nd in points, 4th in goals, better differential ES, more primary points, equal ES points, less depth in Colorado to counter the X more points than the next closest teammate

Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
It is possible because kucherov has more points and more points per game.
Ok....stats you provided showed Kucherov scoring 50pts against top 10 teams and Mackinnon scoring 26pts against top 10 teams. So how is it possible that Kucherov has a 6pt current overall lead in pts, a 24pt lead against top 10 teams and somehow, still leading in pts against teams outside the top 10?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Does anyone else still not see Kucherov is the mvp?
The majority of voters?

Mack is going to win it with the tie going to the narrative of him being due but really 3 guys are worthy this year and there are strong arguments for Quinn Hughes and Hellebuyck as well although I doubt either of the last 2 guys finish in the top 5 in voting.

Reactions: HarrySPlinkett

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
League does a good job of not leaking the final 3, after all the voters submit their top 5 list.
Not sure who tallies all the top 5 votes, and then releases the top 3.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Granted I haven't watched many Colorado games this year. So this is a genuine question and kind of an argument for Kuch winning the Hart.

Does Colorado make the playoffs if MacKinnon goes down for an extended period of time? Because I can tell you right now, if Kuch went down, Nashville would be laughing all the way to the lottery with Tampa's first round pick.
I get your point but TB even without Kuch is still a hell of alot better than San Jose, Chicago and the Ducks and probably Montreal as well.

If we want to play that angle it probably favours Hughes and McDavid more and maybe even Mack.

I mean Ross Colton and Ryan Johansen as the Avs top 6 centers is yikes.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I still give it to Mack. The Avs are a good team but honestly Point and Stamkos and Hagel and Hedman… Kucherov’s supporting cast is really just as good. The depth between the teams is different but with Lehkonen and Nuke missing time, Landeskog being out… I feel like Mack reviving Drouin and just being such a play driver and being a center… he’s the engine on that team. Like who were his other centers before the TDL? Johansen’s corpse and Ross Colton? And outside of Rantanen and Nuke it’s what? Miles Wood and Lehkonen?

Plus, unlikely as it is… Mack’s got a game left. Let’s him drop a 6 point night! If he finishes 2-3 points behind Kuch I still give it to him. 50 goals carries some weight, and honestly the East was a shit show this year. Kucherov is like Panarin to me… magician winger but as much as I appreciate the shit out of what Panarin did for us this year, I’d never take him over a center that just dominates. Mack is the Avs. Makar is a beast, but Mack really is the engine in every way.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Only 6 more points. Mack must make up the difference against some teams.
6 points is 4 games when you average around 1.7 points per game. I would be shocked and announce my vote for MacKinnon if he gets 7 points tonight. Same for.mcdavid if he gets 13.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
These are the posts I do not understand. Easily? What makes you think it an easy choice?

Lay it out for everyone. Thanks.
Top 5 nonsense and bias reasons we have learned
1.You know he plays center but loses more draws then he wins.
2. He is due one based on past hart snubs.
3. He is Canadian .
4.He is going to at least 7 points tonight.
5.The west is better except it isn't. Less average points for conference. They have the four worst teams in the nhl. They have less teams at 110 points or more.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Top 5 nonsense and bias reasons we have learned
1.You know he plays center but loses more draws then he wins.
2. He is due one based on past hart snubs.
3. He is Canadian .
4.He is going to at least 7 points tonight.
5.The west is better except it isn't. Less average points for conference. They have the four worst teams in the nhl. They have less teams at 110 points or more.
If he has 7 points tonight...give him all 3 awards

• Haha
Reactions: Tofveve

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad