GDT: Hard Times: Your New Jersey Devils @ Washington Capitals, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
I assume you won't be watching or commenting further then?

I will be doing both. But I still have no faith in this team with how they just come apart and collapse in the 3rd periods of games against bad opponents. So many points down the drain already

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Just for some additional perspective from last year, not sure if this was shared yesterday:

To his point, the inversion is what makes this tough.

Instead of relying on a cushion of banked points, the team's going to have to get going when every other team is trying to do the same. Teams like Pittsburgh have dug themselves massive holes seemingly every year for the last handful of seasons, and they've been able to get it together.

It'll be interesting to watch it unfold, to say the least.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
kinkaid should play both

I’m for this and I’m usually against goalies playing a back to back in different cities. But we’ve already seen KK against the Caps (shutout) and we’ve seen Cory against the Jets this year (not pretty). Monday it won’t matter so if he gets one of the three games might as well be that one.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
They just had 3 games off and need to make up ground. At this point you play kk for a long stretch to hopefully right the ship. They no longer have the luxury of throwing out cory for an auto loss in hoping he gets back to somewhat of an average form.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
They just had 3 games off and need to make up ground. At this point you play kk for a long stretch to hopefully right the ship. They no longer have the luxury of throwing out cory for an auto loss in hoping he gets back to somewhat of an average form.

Theres also no denying the team just doesnt show for cory, for whatever reason.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Im guessing the lines are:

9 13 63
90 37 21
20 19 41
43 11 44

25 45
6 28
8 12

357CDC34-ED4B-4DDB-B8FE-4BF0F208A71B.gif

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Noesen deserves to be scratched. He has been terrible overall this year.
This, and its very disappointing because there was rarely a game since we claimed him where he did not look good or gave a great effort. He has been invisible all season.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Following up on some comments made earlier about tomorrow's game. I'm rolling with Keith until we are either out of it or get back into a good position in the standings. We can't afford to throw away games anymore if we're serious about making the playoffs.

Reactions: Bleedred

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Love the Guster song for the GDT. Such truth for our boys in red.

Funny I keep thinking of a different song when I see the GDT title, but that's probably because I like both the song and the show it's from (plus I never heard the OP's song before)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad