Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
With sincere thanks.

B1A870E8-DAE5-44F1-9CDD-5E217D65BA1D.jpeg

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
There is a high rate of suicide among Veterans.

Please give them a heartfelt Thank You when you see one.

They gave up their youth, so we could enjoy ours.
They can't sleep from what they've seen, so we can sleep peacefully.
They bear the pain and scars every day, so we don't have to.
They lost their friends, so we would never have to lose ours.
They sacrificed everything, so we could have what they gave up

Most gave up their lives, so we can live ours.

Let us never forget that.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Thank you to all those who have served in the past , present and future. While I have no connection having never had a family member serving other than a great grandfather who I never knew, my wife and I always find a ceremony near where we live to attend, it`s important to us to recognize and thank those who made this a country we love

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Thank You to those who have served past and present.

Both my grandfathers were in WWII. My paternal grandfather was a medic in the Army under Patton.

My paternal grandfather was in the Marines for a year during some of WWII and then joined the Army and also served in Korea. He actually lied about his age so he could serve. My uncle was in Vietnam.

Fun fact is that by marriage, I am related to General MacArthur via his wife (mom's side)

I've seen pictures and heard stories of some of the stories of other family members but no one talked about what it was like over there.

Last edited:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Thank You to those who have served past and present.

Both my grandfathers were in WWII. My paternal grandfather was a medic in the Army under Patton.

My paternal grandfather was in the Marines for a year during some of WWII and then joined the Army and also served in Korea. He actually lied about his age so he could serve. My uncle was in Vietnam.

Fun fact is that by marriage, I am related to General MacArthur via his wife (mom's side)

I've seen pictures and heard stories of some of the stories of other family members but no one talked about what it was like over there.

They never do.

There is a military presence in my immediate and extended family.

In the midst & aftermath of Afghanistan and Iraq, I was hesitant to say, "Thank you for your service."

This would be appreciated by some of the 3% of Americans who served in those conflicts. Not by others, and understanably so. 97% percent of us had no skin in the game.

I will leave it at that.

Thank you for your service.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad