Happy Thanksgiving Yanks

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
In the spirit of Thanksgiving and before I gorge myself on food and can no longer think straight, thanks to the mods here and the thankless job they have of keeping this place relatively on the rails. And thanks to hfboards for providing a place where we can debate, discuss and dissect the great sport of hockey to our hearts' content.

Happy Thanksgiving!

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Really wish the NHL got their **** together and offered up some "holiday" games like every other league, but for all we know there's some caveat in the CBA that dictates all players get this day off or something. :help:

They used to have games on American Thanksgiving until a few years ago, the same with Boxing Day.

Christmas also used to have games: the Bruins traditionally hosted a Christmas game for years, but the league ended games on that day in the 1970s.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Happy Thanksgiving to our American posters, no hockey games today as it’s turkey day and football (the real football, not soccer) for you guys.

You may be our obnoxious and rowdy wayward cousin who ventured away from the British Empire while we stayed close to home, but we love you guys and couldn’t ask for a better neighbour. Even if you guys are a little nuts at times.

To keep this to hockey as well, the litmus test for playoffs teams is usually seen by around American Thanksgiving.
Likewise snipes!! Be well.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Never had it/never heard of it, enlighten me
Cooked green beans mixed with mushroom soup. Fold in some shredded cheese, whatever type you like, top with a can or two of crunchy French fried onions and then bake until it’s crunchy. Never had it until a neighbor made it a few years ago and it was tasty. Had some today at dinner I went to. I kid you not, when you go to Walmart in the days before Thanksgiving there are pallets of canned green beans in the store. I always wondered why.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Cooked green beans mixed with mushroom soup. Fold in some shredded cheese, whatever type you like, top with a can or two of crunchy French fried onions and then bake until it’s crunchy. Never had it until a neighbor made it a few years ago and it was tasty. Had some today at dinner I went to. I kid you not, when you go to Walmart in the days before Thanksgiving there are pallets of canned green beans in the store. I always wondered why.
Sounds.....interesting

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'm surprised at how many people prefer sweet potato pie over pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. Must be an American thing.

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
Among the things you wrote here I see mashed potatoes and hash browns. Is that something that you only eat for this holyday or is it everyday type of food that you also need to eat today because it's tradition?
To me mashed potatoes and hash browns (pretty much what we call rösti, I think, or is it different?) are the type of lazy food I prepare when "what do we eat today? f*** it, it'll be rösti" or "Do we have anything to eat with it? Not really, I'll just make a mash"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad