Happy Thanksgiving Yanks

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Happy Thanksgiving to our American posters, no hockey games today as it’s turkey day and football (the real football, not soccer) for you guys.

You may be our obnoxious and rowdy wayward cousin who ventured away from the British Empire while we stayed close to home, but we love you guys and couldn’t ask for a better neighbour. Even if you guys are a little nuts at times.

To keep this to hockey as well, the litmus test for playoffs teams is usually seen by around American Thanksgiving.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Thanks snipes. I am thankful for your well wishes. Right back at ya.

Yes, it is. I was trying to come up with evaluation dates earlier this week. T-Day, X-mas/New Year's, then trade deadline? I feel like I'm missing one still.

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Thanks snipes. I am thankful for your well wishes. Right back at ya.

Yes, it is. I was trying to come up with evaluation dates earlier this week. T-Day, X-mas/New Year's, then trade deadline? I feel like I'm missing one still.

That would be interesting to look at the historical percentages or even go back just 10 years for teams in the playoffs at American Thanksgiving, Xmas, and TDL.

If I recall Friedman mentioned a few years back that the percentage of who was in the playoffs at American Thanksgiving and then made the playoffs in the Spring was quite high, I think it might have been around 80 percent or higher but I can’t fully recall.

member 334057

Happy Thanksgiving to our American posters, no hockey games today as it’s turkey day and football (the real football, not soccer) for you guys.

You may be our obnoxious and rowdy wayward cousin who ventured away from the British Empire while we stayed close to home, but we love you guys and couldn’t ask for a better neighbour. Even if you guys are a little nuts at times.

To keep this to hockey as well, the litmus test for playoffs teams is usually seen by around American Thanksgiving.
Thank you for the well wishes, and a happy belated Thanksgiving to you, only a month or so late.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Really wish the NHL got their **** together and offered up some "holiday" games like every other league, but for all we know there's some caveat in the CBA that dictates all players get this day off or something. :help:

Pfft, geographically we've kept our distance as well, thankfully.

We do seem to be taking quite some time to sever ties completely though. Get that queen off our money already! :laugh:

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Thank you for the holiday greetings.

Always nice to enjoy special times with family and friends. And what can make it that much more gratifying is the Dallas Cowboys losing.

Have a good day everyone!

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Sorry about the lack of hockey, but at least you can watch the awful Bears against the awful Lions

Haha. Just make a drinking game out of it. Everytime you think or say "This game sucks" or "I wish hockey were on." take a shot. You'll be passed out by halftime.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

Sorry about the lack of hockey, but at least you can watch the awful Bears against the awful Lions

I for one cannot wait to watch Tim "who the f*** is that?" Boyle lead the 0-9-1 Lions against the 3-7 Chicago Bears. It is going to be a train wreck of epic proportions.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

giphy.gif

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I wonder why they don't schedule Canada Hockey games during American Thanksgiving. Wouldn't sportsnet want to have a double header tonight with 4 of the Canadian teams? I know the NFL is popular but it's not Thanksgiving in Canada and they still have teams that can go tonight. Heck have a Calgary/Edmonton game tonight and make that a traditional thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad