Recalled/Assigned: HAPPY NEWS: AA's back!

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Great news, I really think this team suffers from a lack of speed. The few games AA played he brought a similar element to Larkin. Being able to skate the puck out of harm's way and apply pressure on the forecheck, something a lot of our players are not able to do.

Hope he gets a decent chunk of icetime.

Abdelkader-Z-Larkin
AA-Dats-Tatar
Nyquist-Sheahan-Richards
Helm-Glendening-Jurco

Make it happen!

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
So odd to think we aren't fast enough. Tatar, Nyquist, Helm, Larkin, Glendening, Abby, even Datsyuk. They aren't slow. Several of them are downright fast. I don't think their skating is slow, I think their decision making is.

They look at their passes for at least 2 seconds before tossing it. Which lets the other team know exactly where it's going and how to prepare for it. We're over thinking. The simple passes are there. The right passes. But we're not moving it quickly enough.

When you look at the effective power plays that kick our ass, it's because of fast side to side passes. If they hang onto the puck for too long our defenders can get set. We're doing that on the PP *and* at ES. I don't know why.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
So odd to think we aren't fast enough. Tatar, Nyquist, Helm, Larkin, Glendening, Abby, even Datsyuk. They aren't slow. Several of them are downright fast. I don't think their skating is slow, I think their decision making is

Tatar and Nyquist are pretty slow. When 's the last to time you saw either of them win a race to a puck or blow past a defenseman? Helm, Glendening, and Larkin are thr only players on our team who u would consider fast.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
So odd to think we aren't fast enough. Tatar, Nyquist, Helm, Larkin, Glendening, Abby, even Datsyuk. They aren't slow. Several of them are downright fast. I don't think their skating is slow, I think their decision making is.

They look at their passes for at least 2 seconds before tossing it. Which lets the other team know exactly where it's going and how to prepare for it. We're over thinking. The simple passes are there. The right passes. But we're not moving it quickly enough.
Faster decisionmaking would be good too, but until that happens I'd like to see as much speed on the ice as possible. Our D isn't great at moving the puck, so guys like AA and Larkin that can skate the puck up ice are vital. Dats and Z used to be monsters at doing that, but they've slowed down quite a bit. That is one of the major things hurting us this year. We can no longer give the puck to Dats defensively and see him skate the puck all the way up into the offensive zone like he did for 10+ years before this. Larkin has picked up some of that slack, but we need more.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I like it, even though I am counting a lot of forwards.

I think we should call up Sproul, too.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
The well deserved replacement for Helm! Hopefully after this year and they cut ties and move on from Helm.

Maybe this is to get a lot better look at AA to see how expendable Helm is???

As far as I'm concerned Helm has been expendable since he switched to wing. He isn't good enough offensively to play wing. AA is and has good size too.

I think Helm gets a lot of unwarranted negative responses towards him. It's not his fault the coach wants him in a top-6 role. I feel if Helm were playing like he is now but on the 4th line, people would be changing their tune about him. I for one think Helm is great for what he is.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Would like to see a line of AA-Helm-Larkin, just for a shift or 2, just to see them skate circles around the opposing team.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I think Helm gets a lot of unwarranted negative responses towards him. It's not his fault the coach wants him in a top-6 role. I feel if Helm were playing like he is now but on the 4th line, people would be changing their tune about him. I for one think Helm is great for what he is.

It isn't his coach who wants him there, but Pav. If people are pissed about seeing Helm in the top six they need to start *****ing about Datsyuk.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I think Helm gets a lot of unwarranted negative responses towards him. It's not his fault Datsyuk wants him in a top-6 role. I feel if Helm were playing like he is now but on the 4th line, people would be changing their tune about him. I for one think Helm is great for what he is.

Fixed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad