OT: Happy Holidays HFOil!

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
As we get an all-too-merciful break from the incredulous incompetence of our once-beloved franchise, I thought it might be prudent to wish all the Scrooges and Santas of HFOil a very merry holidays. These being the darkest days of the year and probably not the darkest days of this Oilers season, I thought we all could use an extra little positivity. We've only got each other to get through this horrible mess - unless a fan from the supposed "rest-of-the-NHL" wants to chime in. And everyone knows we're not getting it from the home team.

Anybody want to share their small Christmas wish list? Any ideas if anyone made Santa's Nice List from the Oilers? Great New Years' Resolution ideas for the Corps(e) in Copper and Blue?

Whatever it is, happy holidays, HFOil, and here's hoping the New Year brings us gold, joy and Connor McDavid.

:yo:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Happy Holidays to everyone here whether we see eye to eye or not. This team binds all of us together and through too many years of anger and frustration to remember we are still here. May the new year be filled with a draft prize, new management and a team that we can be proud of next September and beyond.

We have to wait at least 9 months to be proud of our team, fml.

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
Happy holidays, and a happy new year to all my fellow sufferers.

Even though our team would be out of a playoff spot in the junior leagues, I can't believe how many amazing fans this pos team has. That's what's been helping me get through this nightmare. You guys are awesome.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Can't believe we are all still here, coming back yearly now and going around in circles, having all this heated discourse and back-and-forth regarding the object of our common abiding love and hate. I think I have known some of you guys through here for longer than some people I know in real life, for crying out loud.

Don't always agree, and dislike the calling out and general lack of respect for fellow Oilers fans simply espousing their views and opinions on how to regain respectability.. but Merry Christmas nonetheless, guys. Please let there be, finally, a return to dignity for this once great franchise (may it come with the drafting of McDavid or Eichel -- I don't know if I can withstand another dismal season beyond this one).

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I'm on a bullet train going to Tokyo on Christmas eve and still checking this forum on my phone... I must have some kind of mental disorder.

Merry Christmas HFOil! Thanks for always being an interesting read, haha.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Expecting the boys to come back after the break with effort.

Them seeing there families, and people who truly care about them, will motivate them enough to do some good for the fans that care.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

Butane Fan

Jan 29, 2013
Cowtown
Merry Christmas Happy Holidays to all. Have safe wonderful holiday season with your friends and families. Go Team Canada at the WJHC. The brightside of being an Oiler fan least we are not Canuck fans.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Merry Xmas you filthy Animals, hehe.

Seriously, for all the BS we're forced to suffer through, I hope all of you and yours have a wonderful Holiday season.

Jimmi and Fan-damily.

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
Merry Christmas! It's been a pleasure to suffer through this season with you guys.

Be safe and if you're drowning out your sorrows to forget about the Oilers, please be responsible and get a DD.

Cheers!

EDIT: Oh yeah, enjoy some WJC hockey! Go Canada!

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
To one and all

merrychristmas.gif

Last edited:

beaterson

Jun 13, 2011
the 780
Here's to drafting McEichel or otherwise you guys (myself included) finding new hobbies!

Keep the change ya filthy animals

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad