OT: HAPPY FATHERS DAY!

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I’m sure quite a few of you old farts are dads, maybe even grandpas! Happy Fathers Day to you!
zZDg8a9.jpg

9DaQYyj.jpg

PVrG2I2.jpg

IuBK1eP.jpg

gmHYFJm.jpg
mKv9Pyw.jpg

qBd1kXO.jpg

Last edited:

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
To my grandfather and father, the first Ranger fans in my family. I became a hockey fan because whenever there was a game on my father watched with me.

Best Dad story, November 1, 1959. My Dad cam up to my room and listened with me when Jacques Plante was cut and became the first goaltender ever to wear a mask in a game.

Dad loved hockey and the Rangers. I'm forever grateful that he passed that love along to me.

And for those of you who live in New York or are from The City, you will be amazed and surprised to hear that my father played high school hockey at Boys High in Brooklyn.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The love and sacrifice of our parents is priceless.
There is a bond between fathers and sons, esp sons who share a name with their dad.

RIP all dads who have left us
thanks for all you did
and for the inspiration
to be someone who does something
and takes it to the next level
or beyond.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
There's nothing like playing baseball and hockey in the yard or watching hockey highlights with my 7 year old son, something I never got to experience with my own father who was an immigrant and didn't care one iota for sports or athletics. Experiencing his joy makes it extra special for me! Happy Belated Father's Day!

Reactions: EdJovanovski

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
wow 10 years, quick transition! I started at 17 and I'm just about done at 36 lol
Yeah shortly after that picture was taken, it really started getting thin down the middle. Basically I equated it to clearing trees for a runway. LOL. I couldn't spike my hair like I had more or less since I was 10, so I just buzzed it one day. Even if I cut it short, like just a 2 all around, that strip down the middle was noticeably thinner and didn't grow at the same rate so it looked like I got buzzed by a drone or something. :laugh: So now I just take it all off. I'm by no means totally bald but just sport the shaved head. :(

Reactions: romba

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
To my grandfather and father, the first Ranger fans in my family. I became a hockey fan because whenever there was a game on my father watched with me.

Best Dad story, November 1, 1959. My Dad cam up to my room and listened with me when Jacques Plante was cut and became the first goaltender ever to wear a mask in a game.

Dad loved hockey and the Rangers. I'm forever grateful that he passed that love along to me.

And for those of you who live in New York or are from The City, you will be amazed and surprised to hear that my father played high school hockey at Boys High in Brooklyn.

Wow, there was a NYC public high school with an ice hockey team? Where did they play?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad