Happy Birthday Bobby Orr !!!

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
As others have said, he is the reason I became a Bruins fan. I remember meeting him in the mid-80s at a Vancouver radio talkshow and got my picture with him...it's still on my fridge

Best Evah!!!

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
How the hell March 20th isn't a National Holiday here in Canada is a disgrace. :thumbd:

How the NHL hasn't named a trophy after a player who revolutionized the game is much much more of a disgrace and is just unfreaken believable. The NHL has really dropped the ball on this one.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
There was no one like Orr every game every shift he was a Human Highlight reel. The closest Ive seen as far as having a pure skill level close to Orr was Mario but Orr did it at an unbelievable high speed and wizardly.
giphy.gif

Zt5tzag

Last edited:

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Welcome aboard :thumbu: How did you hear about this site?It is the best hockey site there is so you got good advice .
Thanks! I learned about it from all the cough leaf cough fans at work (they don't talk to me much these days lol).

Anyway, it still upsets me to no end that #4 isn't retired league-wide. Definitely should be imo.

Reactions: TCB

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Back in the '90s, I was in a long gone sports bar in Harvard Square when Orr came in with his son to get a bite and watch a playoff game on the big screen - the bar always brought in CBC from Montreal via a satellite dish.

With the exception of the waitress, everybody knew who he was and not a single person approached him and he and his son were left alone.

When it was time to leave he paid his bill and started to head for the door. EVERYBODY stood up and applauded.

I have never seen anything like it before or since.
That is an awesome story. I have met him three times over the years. Each time he was very friendly and humble. Genuinely nice. On the ice, clearly the GOAT. Nobody else even comes close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad