Tribute Happy 4th of July

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Title says it all.
:yo::wg::vhappy::wave::clap::bb::hockey::partytime::cheers::5:

God Bless America, and the rest of the world, especially those that endeavor to make/keep it free.

Enjoy!
As is my gift every Independence Day, following find The Star Spangled Banner with my original second verse, not posted here in a commercial context for sale [thus compliant with HFB rules], or with any other permissions granted by me, the sole copyright holder, to anyone. Made available exclusively here only for review and personal enjoyment of the reader.

The Star Spangled Banner, © 2014 (v. 2) by Bernhard Christian Helgason.
All Rights Reserved. Placed here by permission. For review purposes only.
{bernmeister is the legal alias for Bernhard Christian Helgason}

{in the public domain: original lyrics by Francis Scott Key, originally titled Defence of Fort McHenry; The Library of Congress estimates October 19 of that year, 1814, is when it was first renamed The Star Spangled Banner. The tune is based on an old British drinking song, The Anacreontic Song (To Anacreon in Heaven), credited to John Stafford Smith, 1778.}

O say can you see by the dawn’s early light
what so proudly we hailed at the twilight’s last gleaming
whose broad stripes and bright stars
through the perilous fight
o’er the ramparts we watched
were so gallantly streaming
And the rockets red glare
the bombs bursting in air
gave proof the night
that our flag was still there
O say does that star spangled banner yet wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave

So say the brave free, our great flag flies with might,
Stars ‘n stripes speak most loud, U. S. A. has liberty!
Recall then God’s great gift
was this rev’rent blest night.
Tho’ McHenry most bombed,
the Fort’s distressed armory.
But Brit shells were denied,
we now trumpet with pride,
Our prayers had been heard
God’s Own Hand on our side!
Yay proclaim the Star-Spangled Banner still waves,
Unfurl’d Old Glory be, freedom’s Author so saves!

Additional info available at www.bernmeister.com
where you may opt to direct to www.revtit.com and the ecommerce platform www.revtit.shop
{revtit is short for reverse tithing. After expenses, 90% of net proceeds are directed to charity.}

Special thanks to LMM, a friend to us all. I have not had the pleasure of meeting the man, He graciously had a kind word for an underdeveloped demo of this some years back.
The mp3, which you may preview below, was only final remixed/remastered a week ago.

Attachments

• MirandaCard.pdf
    226.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Star Spangled Banner eclectic orchestral version.mp3
    5.2 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Also, as time permits I will be spearheading an initiative to make October 19 Star Spangled Banner Appreciation Day, so that there may be a counterpart in audio emphasis of our national anthem, parallel to how June 14th is Flag Day, an existing federal holiday.

October 19 is the day that the Library of Congress recognizes both:
that Francis Scott Key changed the title of his poem Defence of Fort McHenry to The Star Spangled Banner, and also establishes as that was when for the first time the song was sung in public.

Anyone who wants to get behind that and help me, pm/convo me.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Dammit Bern. I came for the songs but somehow ended up on a site called Rev Tits

lol, but in my defense I did say rev tit, singular, short for reverse tithing.

here ya go again:
Additional info available at www.bernmeister.com
where you may opt to direct to www.revtit.com and the ecommerce platform www.revtit.shop
{revtit is short for reverse tithing. After expenses, 90% of net proceeds are directed to charity.}

Reactions: East Coast Bias

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Dammit Bern. I came for the songs but somehow ended up on a site called Rev Tits

ps if anyone has any specific comment about my rendition, this is the time and place for it....

EDIT ADD:
particularly interested if anyone had any comments about instrumental arrangement, vocal dynamics, etc.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad