HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Happy 27th Birthday Geno!

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
vPjdR.gif

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
"Malkin's Parents" just shared Jenya Malkin's status that his GF is pregnant. I'm pretty sure the Malkins Parents account is real. It has 129k likes :dunno:

Malkin's Parents account is about as likely to be real as Brett Keisel's Beard's or Sidney Crosby's Backhand's account :laugh:

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
I still remember the drama in him getting to the NHL. I can't believe it's been that long.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I still remember the drama in him getting to the NHL. I can't believe it's been that long.

Yah I remember that as well. Been a long time... just shows how fast these "prime years" will go. Sid and Geno's wizardry won't last forever. Disco & Co better get their **** together this year or get out, because Geno deserves to drink out of the Cup on his birthday next summer. ;)

Fire Shero*

Happy birthday Geno, disco and Shero got you something really special; jussi jokinen. (Sorry no returns, all sales are final)

Wes C Addle

Bernard Shakey
Jul 4, 2007
Allentown, Pa
Hockey: Malkin Doubts Kovalchuk's KHL Signing Signals Trend

Just saw this a few minutes ago. Not really "new" news, but figured I'd post it. Obviously this won't even make a dent in Malkin trade rumors for the next 9 years. :laugh:

http://en.ria.ru/sports/20130801/182535265/Hockey-Malkin-Doubts-Kovalchuks-KHL-Signing-Signals-Trend.html

Malkin, who turned 27 on Wednesday, is considered one of Russia’s top hockey exports and, as one of the country’s most marketable players, is often fingered as someone who might one day bolt North America’s top league for the KHL.

In June, the four-time NHL All-Star signed an eight-year, $76 million contract extension that will keep him in Pittsburgh through the 2021-22 season. And on Thursday, Malkin, who won the Hart Trophy in 2012, called the NHL “my priority.â€

“A lot can happen, but as long as I feel comfortable in America I might as well leave well enough alone,†he said. “I’ve won a Stanley Cup with the Penguins, I’ve got individual awards, I get a lot of playing time, I have an excellent relationship with my teammates and coaches."

“Why would I look for something else? I have everything.€

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Yah I remember that as well. Been a long time... just shows how fast these "prime years" will go. Sid and Geno's wizardry won't last forever. Disco & Co better get their **** together this year or get out, because Geno deserves to drink out of the Cup on his birthday next summer. ;)
Which makes Sid's injuries and Bylsma's coaching/system so infuriating. 2010-2015 should've been all Pittsburgh, but they've blown it in spectacular fashion so far.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I love you Geno.

Not every day you hear athletes say the words "why would I want something else; I have everything", even after disappointing playoff losses in consecutive years. Love... it's what makes Geno a Geno. Or something.

He is definitely 71Kg of Awesome in a 50Kg bag.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Not every day you hear athletes say the words "why would I want something else; I have everything", even after disappointing playoff losses in consecutive years. Love... it's what makes Geno a Geno. Or something.

He is definitely 71Kg of Awesome in a 50Kg bag.

Exactly. He's the man. Such a humble superstar. Then again so is Sid. We are very lucky.

PredsFanFromla

Jul 10, 2010
louisiana
I am jealous of ya'll guys,would do anything to be in same arena with malkin and crosby,never have seen the penguins play,so they are on the top of my list of teams that i have yet see to play

Jesus Vitale

Formerly CPZ17
Nov 19, 2010
Pittsburgh
I love Geno and am so glad he plays for and will continue to play for the Pens. He's like a big kid in a good way. He's just livin the dream; playing hockey and enjoying life.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Russia can suck it. They have their Kovalchump and their Radulov... all the high character guys. Just need Ovechkin now for the Trifecta of Defecta. I can see him leaving if things get ugly in DC. He doesn't have Geno's maturity, although you never know... Geno could be a good influence on him. I think he respects Malkin a lot. Kovachoo, maybe not so much. Not sure.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
Russia can suck it. They have their Kovalchump and their Radulov... all the high character guys. Just need Ovechkin now for the Trifecta of Defecta. I can see him leaving if things get ugly in DC. He doesn't have Geno's maturity, although you never know... Geno could be a good influence on him. I think he respects Malkin a lot. Kovachoo, maybe not so much. Not sure.

I always thought Semin would leave before Kovalchuk.

Anyway, Geno is pure awesome, I'm not even remotely worried about him pulling anything like that. Cheers to us losing the draft lottery in 04!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad