Happy 1st year anniversary

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Hey guys let's not be mean, it wash't his fault he was sold a bill of goods.

JK!

Guy was a bum, he set this franchise and it's players back 2 years. If I ever see that guy back in the league I really hope it's coaching another team in the Pacific.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
TWzL3UM.gif

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT

JK!

Guy was a bum, he set this franchise and it's players back 2 years. If I ever see that guy back in the league I really hope it's coaching another team in the Pacific.

quick! flood the Ducks front office email in box with emails of how awesome Eakins is!

Arctic Fox

Nov 17, 2007

JK!

dynamic_resize

Speed220DChalavan

Mar 29, 2014
Taking away the ping pong table, turning Hall into a checker and making him ineffective despite him being a corsi monster pre-Eakins, bullying players into an off-season fitness regime which were not effective for hockey players, taking away donuts or other non healthy food Away from media reporters, lack of up tempo practices, etc etc

Guy was just an bully. MacT's biggest blunder - even then took upper management to get rid of him.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ntBqq6fuSac

Video summarizes the Eakins era. A little water and he got excessively upset

Reilly13

Dec 2, 2011
If only he was 1/4 the coach that David Tennant is an actor.

Last edited:

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Horrible, horrible coach. He either stagnated or ruined the development of several players. Worst stretch of being an Oiler fan and one of the biggest reasons MacT is no longer in charge.

gooilgo

Dec 30, 2010
Area 51
A large amount of gratitude must be directed to Bob Nicholson.
If rumours are to be believed he basically instructed MacT to fire the fool, before casting MacT himself aside later.
I was at the game that Eakins was behind the bench for the last time v NYR and man was it dire. Rexall was dead, the team had checked out, the fans had pretty much given up.
One year on and things have changed for the better. Still a hell of a long way to do but at least we are now making progress after what amounted to 2 wasted years of regression.
Thanks Bob fo starting this "revolution".

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Eakins was an absolutely horrific choice.

MacT deserved to get fired for that decision alone. It's really sad that Eakins lasted as long as he did.

The turnaround this season deservedly decreases the likelihood of Eakins ever getting another NHL gig. Can't strike up his failure to same old Oilers.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I more than ever believe that Dallas is the right coach for this team and I will be judged on that.

MacT-2015.jpg

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
leonardo-dicaprio-gatsby.png

Here here!!! A toast! To the biggest POS coach the franchise has ever seen. Thank you Dallas for your awful coaching that led us to Connor Mcdavid.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Ahh, the infamous exit press conference. Not sure if I've ever seen or heard anything so bizarre in my life.

I'll join the rest of you in saying **** that guy. I wish him nothing but failure in the days and years ahead.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
His exit and the neutering of MacT's power were 2 of the biggest things to happen to this club in years.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
Screen-Shot-2014-10-02-at-10.27.11-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2014-10-10-at-9.28.23-AM.png

Eakins Swaaaaarm

:cry:

The swarm is equivalent to a NFL blitz. Blitzes work occasionally and on teams unprepared but if you have a good coaches or qb they will identify no different then the swarm. Other teams coaches were probably laughing at Eakins to employ it even once let alone all the time. Eakins used a lot of things that didn't work all the time. I hope he can ruin another organization soon. I was actually surprised he ever got a coaching job again.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
I still say Eakins was the greatest gift it's the circle of hockey life

Toronto media blasts Edmonton Oiler's for all moves
Hires coach from Maple Leaf system praised for doing so by Toronto

Skip few months....Oiler's lose many games are in the running and playing the biggest pinball game of there life.
In the same running T.O. now switching sides saying how unfair it would be for the Oilers to win.

Oiler's win get Mcdavid, T.O. Loses -- circle of hockey life - thanks t.o. with love

DisgruntledGoat*

Dec 26, 2010
Ahh, the infamous exit press conference. Not sure if I've ever seen or heard anything so bizarre in my life.

I'll join the rest of you in saying **** that guy. I wish him nothing but failure in the days and years ahead.

I see your, 'Craig's on it' and raise you a, 'visually better' and a, 'next year's top four is Fayne, Nikitin, Schultz and Klefbom'.

As terrible as Eakins was, the guy that hired him was worse. And the guy that hired that guy was even worse again!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad