Jun 23, 2007
NJ
June 7th 2004

50937471_slide.jpg

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
The most important day in Lightning history, hard to believe it's already been ten yrs. Watching those videos brings a tear to my eye, what a great group of guys we had.

Last edited:

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Thank you for finding the videos. I was actually looking for the end of the game video yesterday and I could not find it.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I hate that feel this way but richards actions to get the midget and MSL actions and his statements and my belief of what truly was behind everything this summer have made me feel whatever to this and tarnished something very beautiful.

I dont need to hear advice on this that its unreasonable or reasonable to others.

Is just how I feel. Until we move forward and win a cup this is now starting to leave and emptiness in me where once there was love and glory and honor and true beauty.

So yes it brings tears to my eyes but now they are becoming bad ones.

I remember when we won and how sure I was we could dominate for a few years in a row and than the lockout:( The disappointment of that was extreme kinda like detroit when we lost Konstantinov yet they were able to overcome that and repeat.

Tampa really never got that chance. Very sad. So since that time has been sad.

Than to have the leading guy in our history probably our best player ever become benedict arnold? Wow the hits just keep rolling.

So was excited for the ten year was into it even up till like december.

Now its tarnished and sad to me.

Hope others get past that which holds on to me negatively:) Not trying to bring anyone down.

Good news is I think within 3 years we will have a cup a new bright future and something to hang our love and hats on without hopefully all the turmoil caused by one man this year. Yet to me he is not wholly responsible is why richards has tarnished himself also in this and he was by far my favorite player of the three.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
I'm not really sure how you can be pinning anything on Brad Richards. I doubt he was actively trying to get Marty to undermine his team and get to New York. That's a bit too far-fetched for me to honestly buy into.

Besides, if he was doing that, wouldn't that be a classic case of tampering?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I'm not really sure how you can be pinning anything on Brad Richards. I doubt he was actively trying to get Marty to undermine his team and get to New York. That's a bit too far-fetched for me to honestly buy into.

Besides, if he was doing that, wouldn't that be a classic case of tampering?

Who released the information? Who is brad's best friend? How close was brad to being bought out honestly?

Do the math you can live in a universe that is shiny and bright and full of goodness or like me you can add one plus one and look into things and say uh huh.

I dont want to get into all of this because what I have to say or feel might be construed as an attack or a violation or even illegal in some context and cant afford another lawsuit this lifetime lol.

What I will say is I think this was inappropriate, unethical and should be looked into which it wont be and there should be rules against what happened to make sure this type of thing doesnt happen.

You mentioned the word at the end my friend. I would say you get what I am saying and have said enough. All of this was a pressure play and the bad guys won.

That is why I am personally done with marty. I watched it all happen I still dont believe it happened. I get why stevie threw his arms up in the sky and let it happen.

So yes I get the bond two guys had and I get why one guy saved the other I don't like it and that other guy? Our leader let down 1000's of others for this. I debated all of it as it came out. I knew what the GM would do. I get why he used the source he did lol. No one is going after the source. No one is going after the GM or anyone involved. They won.

Plain and simple and got away with it so if they win the cup it will be a major travesty on top of all the rest. I do not buy this snub crap in any way shape or form. This was a plan coldly methodically carried out. I have seen it in business myself. I have lost a lot in business in this lifetime to things like this.

Maybe that has made me jaded? I don't know but I am the person that brought this out to attention for everyone. I was there from day one and speaking to every insider in ny I could get a hold of.

The bad guys won. So yes the word you used is not the only word I would use. Yet its time to move on hope is two more games than its over myself. It has tarnished this entire year. It will not affect the future but the participants have tarnished not just this year for me but the past.

That is how I feel yet I was there from the start I saw it I heard and understood. I wish was someone who would go after all involved but we moved on and that is what we will do. Stevie has a better code. He will never throw the history totally under the bus. He will not tarnish the past or the future. Not even say bad things about MSL.

Stevie is a better man than me:)

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
You're entitled to your own opinion just as I'm entitled to mine, so I hope you didn't construe what I said as some attack on your beliefs. They seem far-fetched to me but I'll defend your right to have them.

I guess I was also interested by your mentioning that Richards was your favorite player of the three. Little known secret by people who know me across the interwebs, but Brad has always been my favorite, too. Still is, and I was rooting for Dallas in the '08 playoffs and New York in '12 and '13 (among other reasons with regard to New York) because I wanted to see Brad lift the Cup again.

I get that Brad and Marty are good friends and just because they play for different teams doesn't mean they can't communicate with each other (UPS employees and FedEx employees can surely be friends outside the workplace; same sort of deal here), but, well, to take what you said; won't Marty still be with the Rangers next season regardless? I guess if he really wanted to screw Y over one more time he would retire for recapture penalty purposes, but I expect St. Louis to play next season. If so, then you're insinuating that Brad Richards tried to concoct some sort of deal with Marty so that they would play ~20 regular season games and 4-28 playoff games together? I dunno, it just doesn't seem worth it to me, so that's why I personally have a hard time buying into this idea.

But perhaps it's just that Brad will always remain my favorite player from those Lightning teams, so I'm not in the interest of either kicking up dirt or seeing dirt kicked up on his profile.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Because everyone believes Yzerman is such a genius (this may be a little far-fetched):

Let's pretend Yzerman and Marty have spoken a lot in recent years of Marty's intentions to leave to go play for NYR. Let's pretend that Marty has been getting frustrated with things in the organization like Vinny being bought out. Let's also pretend that Yzerman told Marty that he would do whatever he could to make sure Marty gets on Team Canada (prior to the team actually being picked).

The way things with the team have been (seemingly) going (trending toward younger players), Yzerman came up with a master plan (we'll just say this plan took effect over the course of this season) to piss Marty off as much and as often as possible, with the intention of getting Marty to want to leave ASAP to get to NYR. Let's also say that Yzerman knew that NYR were looking for a player like Marty, and Yzerman knew that NYR didn't want to keep Cally around. So Yzerman understands these things, and understands that a player like MSL will get a big return. So with Marty so pissed (Yzerman's plan has worked) that he "demands" (basically) a trade, and Yzerman, knowing the circumstances in NY, is able to "magically" get draft picks AND Cally in return for our incredibly valuable MSL. How did Yzerman pull off that deal with his "hands tied" (Criss Angel style)? It's amazing. Suddenly Marty is a completely different person than we all thought he was, and Yzerman has his younger future.

Yzerman is a genius right? Imagine if that were all true.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Because everyone believes Yzerman is such a genius (this may be a little far-fetched):

Let's pretend Yzerman and Marty have spoken a lot in recent years of Marty's intentions to leave to go play for NYR. Let's pretend that Marty has been getting frustrated with things in the organization like Vinny being bought out. Let's also pretend that Yzerman told Marty that he would do whatever he could to make sure Marty gets on Team Canada (prior to the team actually being picked).

The way things with the team have been (seemingly) going (trending toward younger players), Yzerman came up with a master plan (we'll just say this plan took effect over the course of this season) to piss Marty off as much and as often as possible, with the intention of getting Marty to want to leave ASAP to get to NYR. Let's also say that Yzerman knew that NYR were looking for a player like Marty, and Yzerman knew that NYR didn't want to keep Cally around. So Yzerman understands these things, and understands that a player like MSL will get a big return. So with Marty so pissed (Yzerman's plan has worked) that he "demands" (basically) a trade, and Yzerman, knowing the circumstances in NY, is able to "magically" get draft picks AND Cally in return for our incredibly valuable MSL. How did Yzerman pull off that deal with his "hands tied" (Criss Angel style)? It's amazing. Suddenly Marty is a completely different person than we all thought he was, and Yzerman has his younger future.

We could also pretend that Marshall Mathers never picked up a pen. And pretend things would have been no different.

Seriously though, like the narrative but it is really far fetched. Yzerman is a genius, but this is all master plan type stuff.

Edit: And I do realize that you aren't being serious, just for the record :laugh:

Last edited:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
You're entitled to your own opinion just as I'm entitled to mine, so I hope you didn't construe what I said as some attack on your beliefs. They seem far-fetched to me but I'll defend your right to have them.

I guess I was also interested by your mentioning that Richards was your favorite player of the three. Little known secret by people who know me across the interwebs, but Brad has always been my favorite, too. Still is, and I was rooting for Dallas in the '08 playoffs and New York in '12 and '13 (among other reasons with regard to New York) because I wanted to see Brad lift the Cup again.

I get that Brad and Marty are good friends and just because they play for different teams doesn't mean they can't communicate with each other (UPS employees and FedEx employees can surely be friends outside the workplace; same sort of deal here), but, well, to take what you said; won't Marty still be with the Rangers next season regardless? I guess if he really wanted to screw Y over one more time he would retire for recapture penalty purposes, but I expect St. Louis to play next season. If so, then you're insinuating that Brad Richards tried to concoct some sort of deal with Marty so that they would play ~20 regular season games and 4-28 playoff games together? I dunno, it just doesn't seem worth it to me, so that's why I personally have a hard time buying into this idea.

But perhaps it's just that Brad will always remain my favorite player from those Lightning teams, so I'm not in the interest of either kicking up dirt or seeing dirt kicked up on his profile.

No I am saying there was a league of guys got together made a plan implemented a plan and the plan worked. You named two of the culprits. I think is very fair to know why one of them had an interest.

You can believe otherwise and that't cool. People will do a lot of things in certain situations. When your head is in a noose you do not know how you will react.

As have said though I am past this and hopefully in two more games I will move on and forget it ever existed as most have ignored the implications or closed their eyes to what went down. Those that had or have power have done that so is no reason to ***** over spilled milk so to speak.

I do not know how to even comprehend this? I guess you are joking.

What will say if anyone thinks we won any way shape or form their views on marty's worth are very low to me with what happened.

Art Ross winner top five scorer over last 3 and probably 5 years? No sign of let up?

So one of top ten players in the game basically? Argue wise would have to put him there to me?

So is he worth a guy we probably will not sign? And two firsts giving away a second and adding a seventh (i think this is if we sign callahan so correct me if wrong?)

That is a fleecing plain and simple!! Everyone wants to justify this deal to me that is laughable. We did well we got two firsts? WE ARE TALKING ABOUT MARTY ST LOUIS PEOPLE. Art Ross and everything else. PPG guy looking like has 5 more years at least at that level? People think too highly of draft choices but two firsts is a SLAP in the FACE for MSL. Now with the situation as it became because that ripple in the pond became a dammed tsunami by the end Stevie got what he could. That still doesn't make it cool or right or a non fleecing. All this board can disagree and say look at his age? Not just lightning fans and say he wouldn't have kept it up much longer.

Well with stamkos and in tampa he surely might have. I think the odds are he would have. He might go down stat a bit cause the talent offensively is lower on NY honestly than what he had here. Yet if was here do I think MSL had four more years at ppg? Yeah last year he was 12 points over it on way to another 100 point year. This year on tampa without stamkos he was a ppg.

So this guy we are talking about? He is worth two firsts LOL.

REALLY? I give stevie credit he ran into a buzzsaw he will learn from this. They ran this like I predicted when I heard the first chirps I read it so stevie is a smart guy and he read the tea leaves. He had no choice and came out with what he could.

To me is that simple maybe I read to much maybe is just my history and having family in certain situations in past. Yet this was a classic game that big business or rich people do at times and sometimes you win some of these games cause is enough turmoil to cause the pot to overturn and run away and you cannot deal with the heat. Something got thrown in a pond to see the ripple effect the ripple was big and real. Threw a little fire and stroked it and voila we have the results.

The end result is very unsatisfactory to me.

Last edited:

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
No I am saying there was a league of guys got together made a plan implemented a plan and the plan worked. You named two of the culprits. I think is very fair to know why one of them had an interest.

You can believe otherwise and that't cool. People will do a lot of things in certain situations. When your head is in a noose you do not know how you will react.

As have said though I am past this and hopefully in two more games I will move on and forget it ever existed as most have ignored the implications or closed their eyes to what went down. Those that had or have power have done that so is no reason to ***** over spilled milk so to speak.

I do not know how to even comprehend this? I guess you are joking.

What will say if anyone thinks we won any way shape or form their views on marty's worth are very low to me with what happened.

Art Ross winner top five scorer over last 3 and probably 5 years? No sign of let up?

So one of top ten players in the game basically? Argue wise would have to put him there to me?

So is he worth a guy we probably will not sign? And two firsts giving away a second and adding a seventh (i think this is if we sign callahan so correct me if wrong?)

That is a fleecing plain and simple!! Everyone wants to justify this deal to me that is laughable. We did well we got two firsts? WE ARE TALKING ABOUT MARTY ST LOUIS PEOPLE. Art Ross and everything else. PPG guy looking like has 5 more years at least at that level? People think too highly of draft choices but two firsts is a SLAP in the FACE for MSL. Now with the situation as it became because that ripple in the pond became a dammed tsunami by the end Stevie got what he could. That still doesn't make it cool or right or a non fleecing. All this board can disagree and say look at his age? Not just lightning fans and say he wouldn't have kept it up much longer.

Well with stamkos and in tampa he surely might have. I think the odds are he would have. He might go down stat a bit cause the talent offensively is lower on NY honestly than what he had here. Yet if was here do I think MSL had four more years at ppg? Yeah last year he was 12 points over it on way to another 100 point year. This year on tampa without stamkos he was a ppg.

So this guy we are talking about? He is worth two firsts LOL.

REALLY? I give stevie credit he ran into a buzzsaw he will learn from this. They ran this like I predicted when I heard the first chirps I read it so stevie is a smart guy and he read the tea leaves. He had no choice and came out with what he could.

To me is that simple maybe I read to much maybe is just my history and having family in certain situations in past. Yet this was a classic game that big business or rich people do at times and sometimes you win some of these games cause is enough turmoil to cause the pot to overturn and run away and you cannot deal with the heat. Something got thrown in a pond to see the ripple effect the ripple was big and real. Threw a little fire and stroked it and voila we have the results.

The end result is very unsatisfactory to me.

Well, what do you think he was worth then? Everyone seemed to be thrilled at the deal that Steve "Mindfreak" Yzerman pulled out of his bag o tricks, with his "hands tied" (or were they?:bolts).

Marty was personally worth more to me, but as a business transaction I do not know what Marty's actual "value" is.

And I do not think that your conspiracy theory is any more valid than mine. Maybe they are both true.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Well, what do you think he was worth then? Everyone seemed to be thrilled at the deal that Steve "Mindfreak" Yzerman pulled out of his bag o tricks, with his "hands tied" (or were they?:bolts).

Marty was personally worth more to me, but as a business transaction I do not know what Marty's actual "value" is.

And I do not think that your conspiracy theory is any more valid than mine. Maybe they are both true.

A top six forward proven 50 point guy or a top 4 defender 30 point guy a top level prospect recognized in top 100 at least right now today and an early first like 10th overall and a small plus probably depending on where in development those other two main pieces were age how many years played how long of a good contract etc.. if he is gonna play 3 more years. Which is what I figured myself.

So a deal I would say fair just random?

MSL FOR

Josi plus 2014 11th overall pick plus Filip Forsberg? I might even think this is close to even.

Calle Jarnkrok Add a third round pick anyone else? Add another late first early second.

Now Nashville would scream and moan and go nuts over it but is fair trade for the marty we loved counted on and was greatest player we have had so far Stamkos is knocking on that door but has a long way still to travel:)

Marty should not be gone. None of this should have happened. Stevie wants to get younger will agree he didnt want to trade a productive happy incredible marty st louis. I dont believe that in any shape of the imagination. I have seen steve yzerman mad on a few occasions he is not a good enough actor to hide the anguish over this and was not about losing a trade. This tore at his fabric of his soul cause he actually gets what marty was worth here not just on the ice.

So sorry no I dont buy your theory at all. That is why the pain is so deep and how crazy this truly is to lifetime fans. This cuts and he keeps cutting us primarily every time he wins and every time he talks.

This winds up a lot harder than the vinny thing overall which in itself was the most gut wrenching thing I thought we would ever deal with:)

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
I come into this thread to celebrate and find I have wandered into a conspiracy theory 101 class.

Can we have one thread that doesn't deal with the MSL drama and trauma? Especially one that was supposed to be celebratory.

Anyway, thanks for the vids Days. Still gives me the warm fuzzies.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
If Yzerman didn't want Marty here from the start then instead of extending him to basically a retirement deal and handing him the 'C' he would have traded him immediately for an even larger haul.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I come into this thread to celebrate and find I have wandered into a conspiracy theory 101 class.

Can we have one thread that doesn't deal with the MSL drama and trauma? Especially one that was supposed to be celebratory.

Anyway, thanks for the vids Days. Still gives me the warm fuzzies.

I for one sincerely apologize I was very bitter this weekend watching marty play in finals. Even though is losing so far.

I am very happy today cause we took care of the business that really matters and signed the forgotten one:)

Excited !!

P.S. One thing I truly love is the statue is very awesome!!

Last edited:

Rebuilt

Jun 8, 2014
Tampa
Am I alone at loving Marty for what he did for us ...........and hoping he wins the cup with the Rangers too?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad