Hanzal

Status
Not open for further replies.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
hes a very solid, big built forward, with a scoring touch. He has been compared many times to a bigger marian hossa, and could easily put up 90+ points in his prime IMO.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
weren't there some attitude questions regarding him? no way a bigger Marian Hossa gets picked that late, there's gotta be a downside

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I remember hearing "a bigger Havlat," but I think even that is optimistic.

bottleCAPS

Jan 11, 2005
Winnipeg, MB
So far in the Czech leauges he's been pretty quiet offensively. Probably getting minimal playing time though. I've heard a lot about this kid and he's looked pretty good in international play. His size is definitly a plus and he does have a nice set of hands from what I recall. I only question his motivation. Sometimes he looked lazy and unenthusiastic out on the ice.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
From what I saw at The WJC He's very talented, but he is also floating around and has no Heart...

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Reminds me of a Pavel Brendl.

HUGE scoring upside, but lazy as hell with a very questionable work ethic.

I wanted the Rangers to stay away from him the entire draft and I'm so happy we took Staal over him.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Jon Prescription said:
Reminds me of a Pavel Brendl.

HUGE scoring upside, but lazy as hell with a very questionable work ethic.

I wanted the Rangers to stay away from him the entire draft and I'm so happy we took Staal over him.

Exactly.

He does have a lot of talent, and I can see where the Hossa comparisons come in; he is very raw, and I remember thinking that he had good vision. Also, he's good on reading the play; knowing when to shoot and when to pass. He has good offense skills, speed, and size/strength. However, he is quite lazy, and a floater. Very few lazy players can be successful in the big leagues. NHL teams always draft these lazy guys as "projects," but IMO they rarely pan out. Miroslav Zalesak first comes to mind, but Pavel Brendl is an excellent projection if he keeps floating. He could be a Nikolai Antropov or Brad Isbiser; talented forwards who couldn't put everything together and as a result became third-line forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad