Value of: Hanifin to Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
Detroit certainly has the assets. Does Steve utilize some of them for a rental (that obviously he hopes to re-sign) or are the Wings just too far away from being a contender? Detroit's current pairings are:

Walman- Seider
Chiarot - Petry
Maatta- Ghost
Holl

Edvinsson in the AHL

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Top pair D for Gostisbehere? Wtf did i just read. I rather walk him to ufa than take that.

Reactions: DFF

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
If it's with an extension it would be something to think about. Wallinder + Berggren + 1st + 2nd + Maatta for cap and to give them an NHL D

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
If it's with an extension it would be something to think about. Wallinder + Berggren + 1st + 2nd + Maatta for cap and to give them an NHL D
Easy pass. Flames don't need more left defense prospects or tweener wingers. They already have a too many of each of those. They need centers

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
DET already have conditions on their 2024 1st so I'd say their best D/C prospect + decent pick, a lot more if Hanifin signs with DET.
They have Bostons pick though. Boston clearly finishing ahead of Detroit so you would get detroits. Ottawa would get Bostons

Edvinsson For Hanifin.

With extension sure. As a rental, think Detroit won’t go there.
They won’t go there period extension or not. No chance

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Edvinsson For Hanifin.

With extension sure. As a rental, think Detroit won’t go there.

I agree, all depends on Hanifin's willingness to sign with buying team

They have Bostons pick though. Boston clearly finishing ahead of Detroit so you would get detroits. Ottawa would get Bostons

DET has BOS pick? Capfriendly doesn't show that. Or is that part of the condition?

EDIT - ya sorry, went into trade and saw that after I posted reply.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
I agree, all depends on Hanifin's willingness to sign with buying team

DET has BOS pick? Capfriendly doesn't show that. Or is that part of the condition?

EDIT - ya sorry, went into trade and saw that after I posted reply.
Ya they have it in bertuzzi deal. Ottawa gets worst pick of the 2.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
The red wings would not have 1 of

Casper, Danielson, or Edvinsson if they traded for Hanifin with full beleif he is staying their long term

If they want extended hanifin one of those 3 are gone

If they do pure rental and take risk he walks in the summer

Than their 1st + Wallinder/McIssac type prospeft should be enough

• Haha
Reactions: TS Quint

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
All of this mental crank-yanking about what it will take to get Hanafin is superfluous, IMO.

It's this simple, if your the Flames GM you have 2 columns to choose from if you are dead set on trading him:

Column A: Teams that Hanafin is not willing to sign an extension with which makes him a pure rental and his value is relatively established at that point.

Column B: Teams that he is willing to sign an extension with and are most likely AWARE he willing to sign an extension with them which then makes them offer more, but also makes them only bidding against other "likely to sign an extension with" teams, which I'm sure is a much smaller pool of teams than Column A.

Now, if your the Flames GM, which column do you think you get a better return from?

Reactions: WaitingForThatCab

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

2024 1st top 3 protected + 2024 2nd + ?

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
All of this mental crank-yanking about what it will take to get Hanafin is superfluous, IMO.

It's this simple, if your the Flames GM you have 2 columns to choose from if you are dead set on trading him:

Column A: Teams that Hanafin is not willing to sign an extension with which makes him a pure rental and his value is relatively established at that point.

Column B: Teams that he is willing to sign an extension with and are most likely AWARE he willing to sign an extension with them which then makes them offer more, but also makes them only bidding against other "likely to sign an extension with" teams, which I'm sure is a much smaller pool of teams than Column A.

Now, if your the Flames GM, which column do you think you get a better return from?
There is very little value to years the Flames don't own.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
From the leaks, it Sounds like Detroit is too far from;

i) Nice weather
ii) playing in a tax friendly state
iii) Being Hanifin’s hometown team

So I doubt there would be a trade fit here.

Reactions: saska sault

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
2024 1st, Veleno, Maatta, cond. 2025 3rd/2nd depending on playoff success in 2024 (ECF) for Hanifin (50%) and Rooney.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
If rumors are true, it’s unlikely Hanifin would want to sign in Detroit after a trade. That probably removes him from any trade considerations for Yzerman. Giving up premium assets for a core piece makes sense, giving them up for a pure rental at this stage of the rebuild is madness.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad