Better Move for Next 8 years Hanifin or Dubois

• Hanifin

Votes: 15 15.2%
  • Dubois

Votes: 84 84.8%

• Total voters

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
Assuming cost to obtain are the same, they are similar age, both agree to an 8 year extension and for around the same cap hit

Which of the two would you use the assets and cap commitment for 8 years on if you are looking to build a winning team?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Probably Dubois. There's some upside left for Dubois (like, not crazy upside, but still some upside), and if I'm to pay a D-Man 8M, he should be at the very least one of the following : better than "barely adequate" on the powerplay, bring a physical two-way game, OR be a righty who can log on lost of minutes. Hanifin is none of these things. I guess he could make a good cover for a more offense-oriented RHS, but that would still not be the most efficient way of spending the cap, because that's very expensive for a #2-3 who's a LHS...

Hanifin at something like 6 or 6.5 playing on the second pair would be very good.

(Hanifin is also a weebit older and I suspect we're on his NTC, while we're one of the only teams who aren't on Dubois' unofficial NTC)

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Assuming cost to obtain are the same, they are similar age, both agree to an 8 year extension and for around the same cap hit

Which of the two would you use the assets and cap commitment for 8 years on if you are looking to build a winning team?
We're stacked at LD and need big top 6 forwards. Just based on need it's Dubois.

Plus I think Dubois is better at what he does than Hanfin.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
not interested in either player

I think Dubois' value is down because of the red flags. He should cost less in the trade market and less in cap hit. I think he would sign for 8 years at less than the Suzuki cap hit. But I'm not sure how much it would take to get him out of Winnipeg.

I also think we could use him as a big body in our top six.

Having said that, is there a team out there that will pay a lot for him in spite of the red flags? Probably. But hopefully not and we could get him at a reasonable trade price and cap hit.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Kind of foolish question. We stacked on left D now

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
Probably Dubois. There's some upside left for Dubois (like, not crazy upside, but still some upside), and if I'm to pay a D-Man 8M, he should be at the very least one of the following : better than "barely adequate" on the powerplay, bring a physical two-way game, OR be a righty who can log on lost of minutes. Hanifin is none of these things. I guess he could make a good cover for a more offense-oriented RHS, but that would still not be the most efficient way of spending the cap, because that's very expensive for a #2-3 who's a LHS...

Hanifin at something like 6 or 6.5 playing on the second pair would be very good.

(Hanifin is also a weebit older and I suspect we're on his NTC, while we're one of the only teams who aren't on Dubois' unofficial NTC)
I do not think Hanifin is better the Mattheson and I think Ghule will end up better then these two in a very short time so I do not think there is a fit.

Reactions: StCaufield

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Hanifin really isn't all that good, he's not much of an upgrade over the LDs we have. People here would turn on him pretty quick IMO.

Last edited:

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
It’s laughable that the poll is so lopsided for a guy who wants 9 million a year. Sure I’d take Dubois if he wanted 6.5-7 but he’ll get more from another team so he can go there and underachieve even if he’s a point per game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad