Value of: Hampus Lindholm to MTL

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If It’s a deadline deal, it means Habs are a playoffs team or close to it. So the 1st pick in 2022 would be middle to late, which I don’t have problem giving up for a player like Lindholm. The problem at that point is it’s more difficult to get him to sign an extension with us, which would be necessary for us to give a top prospect line Guhle.

so for me if the trade is done this summer, I propose the following :

2022 1st (top 5 protected) + Guhle
+ Chiarot
for
lindholm extended

If a deadline deal :

2022 1st + 2022 2nd + Mysak
For
Lindholm
I think both deals are fair, like I said I don’t have much interest in moving him tho unless he wants to leave

Reactions: Benstheman

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Isn't Lindholm a really really good defensive D? If that's the case, while he would be a clear upgrade on Edmundsson and Chiarot, isn't it mehhh to throw great assets to add another defensive D? I would be all over him if he hit UFA, but if the Habs trade their 1st and a great prospect like Guhle, I would expect a puck moving D.
lindholm is a good defensive dmen yes, he’s also a pretty good puck moving dmen, prob doesn’t get enough credit for that.

Reactions: Benstheman

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If he's extended at a reasonable amount I'd do it.

What's your Habs pairings if you can make that sign/trade work (Guhle and a protected 1st)? We would have to send a contract the other way as well.

Think I'd go with this...

Lindholm / Petry
Chiarot / Edmundson
Romanov / Savard

Kulak

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
What's your Habs pairings if you can make that sign/trade work (Guhle and a protected 1st)? We would have to send a contract the other way as well.

Think I'd go with this...

Lindholm / Petry
Chiarot / Edmundson
Romanov / Savard

Kulak

I wouldn't put Lindholm and Petry together as I'd want to split up puck movers. I'd go

Edmunson - Petry
Lindholm - Savard
Romanov - Chiarot

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I wouldn't put Lindholm and Petry together as I'd want to split up puck movers. I'd go

Edmunson - Petry
Lindholm - Savard
Romanov - Chiarot

I was thinking about that option as well... except with Romanov and Chiarot on opposite sides.

The other option could be

Chiarot / Petry
Lindholm / Edmundson
Romanov / Savard

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I was thinking about that option as well... except with Romanov and Chiarot on opposite sides.

The other option could be

Chiarot / Petry
Lindholm / Edmundson
Romanov / Savard

I know Edmunson has played the right the most but Chiarot can definitely do it. And the Org said they Romanov playing his natural side.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
lindholm is a good defensive dmen yes, he’s also a pretty good puck moving dmen, prob doesn’t get enough credit for that.

When I look at Lindholm, I see a good all around guy with no glaring flaws. Not elite at one thing though. Just very good in all situations. Fringe top pairing guy depending on who you have to pair him with.

30 pts and solid in his own end. Some are going to say he is a for sure top pairing guy but with me, it comes down to who he is paired with

Reactions: Getz2noone

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I know Edmunson has played the right the most but Chiarot can definitely do it. And the Org said they Romanov playing his natural side.

Bergevin said most recently that both Eddy and Romy can play both sides. No mention on Chiarot as an option. If you know Chiarot's game, he likes to cut and use his big body and edge work to skate along the walls. If you move him to the other side, he can't make that cut move he likes to do and is effective at it.

I feel Chiarot needs to stay LD.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
When I look at Lindholm, I see a good all around guy with no glaring flaws. Not elite at one thing though. Just very good in all situations. Fringe top pairing guy depending on who you have to pair him with.
Pretty much, tho I do think he is elite defensively.

he’s added physicality to his game, and while his offense isn’t as high as you would hope for, I think a lot of that had to do with who he is deployed with/ and the situations he plays in.

protecting leads, penalty kill, defensive zone face offs don’t exactly translate to points/offense… but instead making the smart plays

I’m hoping lindholm - drysdale gets a look cause I think both players will strongly benefit each other

LuckyDucky

Mar 18, 2015
Pretty much, tho I do think he is elite defensively.

he’s added physicality to his game, and while his offense isn’t as high as you would hope for, I think a lot of that had to do with who he is deployed with/ and the situations he plays in.

protecting leads, penalty kill, defensive zone face offs don’t exactly translate to points/offense… but instead making the smart plays

I’m hoping lindholm - drysdale gets a look cause I think both players will strongly benefit each other
When healthy he is elite defensively. He's not flashy, but he does the little things more proficiently than any defensemen the Ducks have had since Niedermayer.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
The Blues would be very interested in adding Lindholm to their d-core. We've got plenty of prospects and young defensemen to choose from, and also have Kostin, Sanford, picks, and easy cap like Scandella to send back the other way. Maybe even part of a three-way trade getting Eichel to ANA. Something something Tarasenko

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017

30 pts and solid in his own end. Some are going to say he is a for sure top pairing guy but with me, it comes down to who he is paired with

He is without a doubt elite defensively.

Reactions: Getz2noone

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Guhle is a no go
Norlinder
Harris
Struble
+ 1st (top10 protected), but Guhle is staying, unless Lindholm signs a cheap ish 8 year feal before any trade
Ok well then you don't get him... Many teams will beat that.

Realistic futures. I’m not giving up the farm for a 25 point defensive defenceman that seems incapable of staying healthy a full season.
Two seasons he hasn't played at a 75+ game pace all averaging over 30 pts per 82 games. Love it! Guess what professionals making these decisions aren't going to just take your word for it when you tell them innacurate statements.

He is a first pairing all situations d man that is 27 years old. Those don't grow on trees.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad