Value of: Hampus Lindholm to MTL

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
It's Lindholm's last year, Anaheim is in rebuild mode, MTL has a ton of quality D prospects and we have the cap space to take him on without sending salary back. Realistically, what futures package do you want for him?

Here's some of the D prospects that we have: Guhle, Harris, Norlinder, Struble.. they're all legit good prospects.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
It's Lindholm's last year, Anaheim is in rebuild mode, MTL has a ton of quality D prospects and we have the cap space to take him on without sending salary back. Realistically, what futures package do you want for him?

Here's some of the D prospects that we have: Guhle, Harris, Norlinder, Struble.. they're all legit good prospects. A trade between both teams just makes sen
I doubt we move him unless we get word he won’t sign…

I’d expect more for lindholm than risto got

Reactions: wraparound

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Anaheim has enough prospects that I bet they might prefer picks just to not have so many kids the same age competing for spots. Already bad enough they have Lindholm, Fowler, Shattenkirk, and Manson all in the way of their prospects.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
This would be more of a deadline deal where Montreal is playoff bound and is ok with giving up their 2022 1st ++

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Anaheim has enough prospects that I bet they might prefer picks just to not have so many kids the same age competing for spots. Already bad enough they have Lindholm, Fowler, Shattenkirk, and Manson all in the way of their prospects.

This really doesn't make any sense. Those four aren't blocking anyone from succeeding at the NHL level, Drysdale cracked the roster and arguably surpassed Shattenkirk as an 18 year old. There aren't any D prospects who deserve to be handed a spot but are blocked.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Draft is in Montreal in 2022, so for that reason alone I don't think that first would be on the table.

I don't think Ducks would be interested in what we could offer.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Savard was worth a 1st, 3rd and 4th as an expiring contract Dman.
So expiring contract Lindholm + 50% retention would have much higher value than that.

1st, 2nd, 4th and a good prospect at least.

Reactions: Benstheman

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
i would think any deal would have to include chariot or edmundson. we already have 4 left d . if one of those can say be a starting point with some futures added than maybe but bergevin wouldn't consider anything without an extension in place to .

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ya I disagree with the original statement… I just don’t think anaheim should move him unless he wants to test free agency…. And if we did move him idk that Montreal would like the cost

but habs def have the pieces

People pretending that our pool is thin are living in 2016!

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

Here's some of the D prospects that we have: Guhle, Harris, Norlinder, Struble.. they're all legit good prospects.
Guhle and a 2022 1st top 8 protected?

Would assume he strikes a deal with MB on a contract extension.

Reactions: TT1

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
Look, we tried this the other day and it couldn't work out. So let's do what we did in that thread before it devolved into the standard HF mudslinging

Saku Koivu appreciation thread.
images

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
If It’s a deadline deal, it means Habs are a playoffs team or close to it. So the 1st pick in 2022 would be middle to late, which I don’t have problem giving up for a player like Lindholm. The problem at that point is it’s more difficult to get him to sign an extension with us, which would be necessary for us to give a top prospect line Guhle.

so for me if the trade is done this summer, I propose the following :

2022 1st (top 5 protected) + Guhle
+ Chiarot
for
lindholm extended

If a deadline deal :

2022 1st + 2022 2nd + Mysak
For
Lindholm

Reactions: Getz2noone

YEMELIN74

Feb 12, 2004
Lévis
the draft is in montreal next year... i dont see mb trading a first round pick for 2022 unless he can get another one in another trade

Reactions: Steeler23

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
If the Habs don't have enough futures to land Lindholm, nobody does.

Realistic futures. I’m not giving up the farm for a 25 point defensive defenceman that seems incapable of staying healthy a full season.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
Isn't Lindholm a really really good defensive D? If that's the case, while he would be a clear upgrade on Edmundsson and Chiarot, isn't it mehhh to throw great assets to add another defensive D? I would be all over him if he hit UFA, but if the Habs trade their 1st and a great prospect like Guhle, I would expect a puck moving D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad