Hampus Lindholm - #1D or #2D?

Hampus Lindholm - #1, #2, or lower?

• Total voters

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Around our boards we're generally of the opinion that Lindholm is in fact our best D and we look terrible without him. But I don't think he's discussed that often outside of our forums, and with his contract expiring it'll be interesting to see what people think.

I purposely made this clearly #1 or #2 to force people to pick a side.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
#2 on a true contender, but one of the top 32 D in the league.

Would pay a pretty penny to have him sit next to McAvoy or Carlo in Boston for the next 7.5 years... but don't think the Bruins could afford the contract.
Well stated. If Lindholm is your #2, you are doing well as a team. He would be a terrific #2 on a Cup contender. He would be a #1 on a non contending playoff team.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Well stated. If Lindholm is your #2, you are doing well as a team. He would be a terrific #2 on a Cup contender. He would be a #1 on a non contending playoff team.

I think he was already the best defenseman on 2 Conference finalist teams. I’d consider that a “contending team”

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think he gets a bit underrated due to injuries... said it earlier think hes going to re establish himself as 1 of the premier shutdown dmen in the league.

Im going with #1... Prob in that 14-20 range league wide

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Defencemen Rankings #30

Which 16 defensemen on this top 30 list do you think Lindholm is better than?

I think you could pretty comfortably slot Lindholm in around the 21-25 range on that list without it being a hot take, so not quite OP’s ranking, but still low end #1 range. If he’s your second best dman, you’ve got one hell of a good blue line

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I think you could pretty comfortably slot Lindholm in around the 21-25 range on that list without it being a hot take, so not quite OP’s ranking, but still low end #1 range. If he’s your second best dman, you’ve got one hell of a good blue line
I agree he'd be a great #2, but saying he's the 14th best dman is really really high. I posted that list to show its harder to justify the ranking when your looking at the direct comparables.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I agree he'd be a great #2, but saying he's the 14th best dman is really really high. I posted that list to show its harder to justify the ranking when your looking at the direct comparables.
To be fair, they gave a range of 14-20. After like 16 or so, Lindholm is right up there. The fact that he's not even a poll option let alone on the list already is absurd.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That was more or less rough estimate without looking at a list, 14 might’ve been a bit high on my part but I think you could argue him in that 16+ range, I’d def choose him before 20…. After that it’s a lot of personal preference and stuff like what hat have you done lately…. Where lindholm has been mostly injured last 2 seasons playing on 1 of the worst teams in league. Def not guna receive a lot of love , specially playing in pacific time zone

Last edited:

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Literal perfect partner for Parayko and would kill to have him in STL. Top-pairing, CLEARLY. Hope he becomes available at the TDL; will be shocked if he actually does. Voted #2, but wouldn’t argue against #1.

Reactions: TK 421

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
As a Wings fan, he sure as hell looks like a number 1 to me. I can see why some teams would rather have him as a 2.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
He was the number one on a team that went to the conference finals in 2017…
4 years ago Bobrovsky was 28 years old, fresh off his 2nd vezina win and was largely considered the most valuable goalie in the entire NHL.

A lot changes in 4 years, and Lindholm hasn't done much since the Ducks were knocked out in 2017 by the Predators.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
4 years ago Bobrovsky was 28 years old, fresh off his 2nd vezina win and was largely considered the most valuable goalie in the entire NHL.

A lot changes in 4 years, and Lindholm hasn't done much since the Ducks were knocked out in 2017 by the Predators.

Except Lindholm is better now than he was in 2017. His only issue is he didn’t play a lot of last year because of injury so everybody thinks he’s less relevant for some reason.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Except Lindholm is better now than he was in 2017. His only issue is he didn’t play a lot of last year because of injury so everybody thinks he’s less relevant for some reason.
Why is he better now? His offense has been declining for years and he's only played 20 games in the past 2 seasons combined, of course he's going to be considered less relevant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad