Hamilton Bulldogs 2016-17 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
I like the fact that they lowered the price of seasons next year..

$612+taxes for Gold, $476+taxes for Black. What were they in 2016-17?

It's more like they froze prices than cut them..because the gold package is still the same price as 2015-16, and the Black package (average after merging 2 previous packages) is still higher than 2015-16.

And any words on kids tickets for 2017-18? It's still too expensive to take a family there compared to other OHL markets.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Very important game tonight as well for the Bulldogs--Kingston has lost, so Hamilton must win tonight vs. the Steelheads to narrow the gap back to a single point, and have a shot at regaining the 4 seed tomorrow against a struggling Battalion team.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Kaden Fulcher in the game after Carty gave up 3 goals on 15 shots.. something is off with Dawson Carty lately..not having good D hurts as well.

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Steelheads win in a shootout, despite being badly outshot by the Bulldogs.. Hamilton now trails Kingston by 2 points.

No idea what happened to Carty..

Mayday3*

You guys got screwed. The Watson shootout "goal" wasn't even a goal. Clearly off the post and out

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
Steelheads win in a shootout, despite being badly outshot by the Bulldogs.. Hamilton now trails Kingston by 2 points.

No idea what happened to Carty..

Badly outshot for sure. I don't know if I've seen that many shots from the 'Dogs over this season and last. Glad we finally got the goals in the 3rd to show for it. Shame about the shootout.

Who were the three stars? I thought I heard Entwhistle announced on our way out.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
$612+taxes for Gold, $476+taxes for Black. What were they in 2016-17?

It's more like they froze prices than cut them..because the gold package is still the same price as 2015-16, and the Black package (average after merging 2 previous packages) is still higher than 2015-16.

And any words on kids tickets for 2017-18? It's still too expensive to take a family there compared to other OHL markets.

My seat is 4.00 cheaper per game so its 14.00 per game instead of 18.00..

As far as kids go last I heard if a parent gets a ticket for say 22.00 for example I think kids get tickets for 14.00 I'm not 100% sure yet but at our town hall meeting that was what I understood

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Donno if he is injured but from what i heard he left Saturdays game in third period never returned and I think with playoffs around the corner they wanted to rest him just in case he was injured

Especially considering they're basically locked in the 4/5 seed.. they're playing Kingston in the first round either way. Best to rest any injured players until the playoffs start in a few weeks.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Jake Murray has signed with the Bulldogs.

[Tweet]838152303718842368[/Tweet]

for what this guy went through and to still play hockey you have to give him a ton of credit..

Good news for fans of Hamilton... If your a STh you get a nice discount on round 1 playoff tickets if you commit to the whole round... also depending on if we clinch home ice... were prob looking at march 25th 27th for home games if we have home games and if its road games first then home games prob 27th 29th

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
You guys got screwed. The Watson shootout "goal" wasn't even a goal. Clearly off the post and out

Yep, but Hamilton getting screwed by refs is nothing new, we're used to it. :shakehead

http://www.900chml.com/2016/11/17/cfl-admits-they-screwed-up-again-for-the-third-time/

http://3downnation.com/2016/10/15/cfl-admits-blew-replay-call-ticats-loss-redblacks/

http://3downnation.com/2015/11/04/cfl-admits-it-blew-key-calls-in-ticats-loss-to-redblacks/

That said, the officiating that game was pretty brutal. There were a lot of non-calls in general on both sides of the ice.

Candellacrew1989

Jan 26, 2017
Ya ive been to almost every hamilton bulldogs game home and away u can call me bit of a radical bulldogs fan but i have to amit i think either the league or the officals have been paid off or have a bone to pick with hamilton bulldogs. I find the officating is very one sided and favoured to the opponients on most nights and contests. Theres always bad penality calls on the bulldogs there alot of byist officating towards our team. I duno if it happens to other teams but defently see it happening with our team to say the least.

Candellacrew1989

Jan 26, 2017
Predictions for upcoming draft ohl lottery?? Where to we pick # wise and what do u think staios will do with our first round pick?? Forward defence goaltending. Hamilton will need to fill in key goalie spot next year if that italian kid from the states doesnt commit to hamilton were looking at one goalie. My opinion has to be big puck moving defencemen were lacking that on the backend a mihkeil sergecev or nicholas hague kinda d men whos 200-+ pounds over 6 feet and we need a dmen who has a cannon of a shot. Defently need a d men for our power play someone who isnt afraid to shoot the puck at the blue line. Any predictions and needs for this bulldogs team for 17-18

Candellacrew1989

Jan 26, 2017
Or we need a nice two way forward whos a patrice bergeron kinda player i wouldent mind getting the next micheal mcnieven or micheal dipietro or tyler pearsons in net as well i want a dirty goaltender for next season

BobbyStokers9713

Mar 23, 2016
Or we need a nice two way forward whos a patrice bergeron kinda player i wouldent mind getting the next micheal mcnieven or micheal dipietro or tyler pearsons in net as well i want a dirty goaltender for next season

ya maybe they can get someone like mcdavid too.... lol. Hamilton will have a mid round pick and no matter the position you'll be lucky to get a guy who makes a significant impact right away in that spot

BobbyStokers9713

Mar 23, 2016
Ya anyone can be a steal in the draft right u just have high hopes and big expectations for first rounders

i think its the opposite. unless they are a top 5 pick, you hope that they have a solid OHL career and possibly lead your team to a championship later in your career. while obviously there are certain circumstances, you can't have big expectations or you end up disappointed. remember these kids are 16 coming from minor hockey.

Candellacrew1989

Jan 26, 2017
Ya but there will always be that draft pick every year that makes a impact on your team right strome did it this year. Id say since he technically is a import rookie id say studenic roberts kinda has been a disapointment hasent lived up to his potential yet thus far.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Any top 5 pick can be a bust... Just like any late round pick can be an impact... Take mcshane for oshawa as a example he was a late 1st last year by Erie and now he's in oshawa putting up good numbers.. So where u draft means nothing...

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Ya but there will always be that draft pick every year that makes a impact on your team right strome did it this year. Id say since he technically is a import rookie id say studenic roberts kinda has been a disapointment hasent lived up to his potential yet thus far.
Really? I'd say he's really broken out and played well since mid January. This is typical of rookies in the OHL. Few have an immediate impact as they adjust to the OHL but it's normal that they come around and find their game after Christmas.

Even the other day when Luff injured himself, Roberts was bumped up to the top line and netted a goal. It's tough to learn and figure out your game when you're riding the 4th line, like Roberts did before Christmas. Now he's been getting more opportunities and he's taken advantage of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad