Halo: Infinite (Dec. 8th, 2021) - Xbox Series X

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
It's a demo, which means an older build.

I feel like most of the problems are with the art direction, not necessarily the tech.

I want my Halo games colorful and stylized, but at times it felt like 343 was mish-mashing like 3 different styles on screen at once. It just doesnt feel as cohesive as the Bungie games did.

But then they release screenshots like this and I'm like 'Ah damnit, who am I kidding, I'm in'

Edn37wxUMAIjBW3.png

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Honestly, I would not rate any of the graphics until we get more videos and actually get to play it for ourselves. They might've been using a prior version of the game because it plays smoother and has less bugs than the current version at the studio right now. Or maybe they lowered the graphics considering this is an open world game to reduce frame-rates/loading screens. Like seriously, none of you lot shit on Nintendo games for only being 1080p...and that's because gameplay and story matters more. Now it is a bit weird to see the graphs lower, but again Halo 5 was one of the best graphical games when it came out...I don't think 343 would take a backwards step here.

As for the trailer, not sure why they're keeping everything still so secretive. Like that was one of the more boring reveal trailers for gameplay and that random Spanish bloke is already annoying to me. However, a lot of the details in the gameplay was quite intriguing like the equipment, spartan traits, and all the new guns. We might be getting the deepest level of Halo gameplay ever, especially in multiplayer. It will be even better when 343 announces that Spartan Charge will be removed from the traits.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I really love it. The early and early-mid game of halo 1 always kind of felt like an open world game anyways. Its cool that they're making it truly open world.
Halo: ODST - which I argue is the best Halo game - was open world-ish and I thought Bungie did a great job utilising the gameplay, storyline, and campaign missions together to make a seamless well-run game similar to a Suisse watch. If 343 went into that direction in terms of this game, I think we might be potentially getting the best Halo game ever. However, this is 343 we're talking about where a fluke communities organiser can randomly become head of Halo's development team. Now I don't hate Frankie and I think he loves Halo, but how much talent does this bloke have over the likes of Joseph Staten, Lehto, McLee, Wang, Tung, Cowan, and a couple others. That is the team which made Halo into one of the ultimate games of our generation, not O'Connor.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Halo: ODST - which I argue is the best Halo game - was open world-ish and I thought Bungie did a great job utilising the gameplay, storyline, and campaign missions together to make a seamless well-run game similar to a Suisse watch. If 343 went into that direction in terms of this game, I think we might be potentially getting the best Halo game ever. However, this is 343 we're talking about where a fluke communities organiser can randomly become head of Halo's development team. Now I don't hate Frankie and I think he loves Halo, but how much talent does this bloke have over the likes of Joseph Staten, Lehto, McLee, Wang, Tung, Cowan, and a couple others. That is the team which made Halo into one of the ultimate games of our generation, not O'Connor.

This should be an infraction.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Honestly, I would not rate any of the graphics until we get more videos and actually get to play it for ourselves. They might've been using a prior version of the game because it plays smoother and has less bugs than the current version at the studio right now.

Like seriously, none of you lot shit on Nintendo games for only being 1080p...and that's because gameplay and story matters more. Now it is a bit weird to see the graphs lower, but again Halo 5 was one of the best graphical games when it came out...I don't think 343 would take a backwards step here.

As for the trailer, not sure why they're keeping everything still so secretive. Like that was one of the more boring reveal trailers for gameplay and that random Spanish bloke is already annoying to me. However, a lot of the details in the gameplay was quite intriguing like the equipment, spartan traits, and all the new guns. We might be getting the deepest level of Halo gameplay ever, especially in multiplayer. It will be even better when 343 announces that Spartan Charge will be removed from the traits.

It's hard to see why they would need to use a really old version of the game for this demo, when like you said, this wasn't some elaborate scripted series of carefully planned events. It was a surprisingly standard display of Halo gameplay, not some large scale battle or boss fight, they could have dropped in anywhere in the game and got the same kind of footage with a more recent build.

I don't think anyone would care if there were some bugs, especially if they put that "work in progress" text on screen you see quite often. But showing their flagship game while trying to sell "the most powerful console" with such poor graphics? I think that would be worse.

My guess is that development on this has not gone according to plan, they waited a shockingly long time to show us this game considering how soon it comes out. It's still just listed as "Holiday 2020", I wonder if a delay is still possible, and if so I'd expect they'd wait until close to the last minute to delay it, gotta sell those consoles.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Did you really just post your own terrible tweet?

I don' t like retyping it and gifs. The Flood is everything that is wrong with this franchise. Everything.

Oh let's go down and blow something up
Wait...where is everyone?
::Flood appears::
(Fights way back to start through the Flood)

Wash, rinse, repeat.

BOOOOOOOORING.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
The guy in the video mentions it and then moves on within 5 seconds, saying he’s still poking around for more info. I’ll wait until we get something further.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That's completely asinine if true.

It's been done before. Not sure if it was with Halo or other series. You do know that there's been a global pandemic that's caused delays to everything? With Halo 5 there had already been closed and open multiplayers betas around this time. Not the same with Halo Infinite.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
It's been done before. Not sure if it was with Halo or other series. You do know that there's been a global pandemic that's caused delays to everything? With Halo 5 there had already been closed and open multiplayers betas around this time. Not the same with Halo Infinite.
You do know that Halo is considered a console seller for Microsoft right? Releasing a half assed game with shitty ported graphics is a really bad idea.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
You do know that Halo is considered a console seller for Microsoft right? Releasing a half assed game with shitty ported graphics is a really bad idea.

Again, that is a demo. Demos are are done from an earlier build. I've played pretty much every Forza (Horizon too) demo and the finished game has always looked better.

Reactions: S E P H

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
If they don’t release multiplayer at launch it would be a complete disaster. Don’t see that happening , no way.

However, I could definitely see them delaying this to spring to clean up the 360 graphics a bit.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Of course, but if the game isn't "finished" then don't release it.

Halo singleplayer is fine, but the real draw to Halo is its multiplayer.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
If they don’t release multiplayer at launch it would be a complete disaster. Don’t see that happening , no way.

However, I could definitely see them delaying this to spring to clean up the 360 graphics a bit.

It's a demo. Earlier build. I took part in the Ghost Recon Breakpoint closed Beta earlier this year. It didn't look near as good as the finished game.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Agree, just delay the game if it's not ready. The problem is MS needs that game in their launch lineup, even if it's not done.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I have a hard time seeing them launch it without multiplayer. Phil Spencer and Aaron Greenberg were on the post show yesterday talking about how they’ve played it. They’ll need to come out and clear this up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad