Movies: Halloween Ends - October 14th, 2022

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
MV5BY2RhOGQ1YTMtM2ZmYy00YzY2LTlmYTMtZjM4MDc3MDFlODhlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMyNTE4MDc0._V1_.jpg

Synopsis:

This is Laurie Strode’s last stand.

After 45 years, the most acclaimed, revered horror franchise in film history reaches its epic, terrifying conclusion as Laurie Strode faces off for the last time against the embodiment of evil, Michael Myers, in a final confrontation unlike any captured on-screen before. Only one of them will survive.

Icon Jamie Lee Curtis returns for the last time as Laurie Strode, horror’s first “final girl” and the role that launched Curtis’ career. Curtis has portrayed Laurie for more than four decades now, one of the longest actor-character pairings in cinema history. When the franchise relaunched in 2018, Halloween shattered box office records, becoming the franchise’s highest-grossing chapter and set a new record for the biggest opening weekend for a horror film starring a woman.

Four years after the events of last year’s Halloween Kills, Laurie is living with her granddaughter Allyson (Andi Matichak) and is finishing writing her memoir. Michael Myers hasn’t been seen since. Laurie, after allowing the specter of Michael to determine and drive her reality for decades, has decided to liberate herself from fear and rage and embrace life. But when a young man, Corey Cunningham (Rohan Campbell; The Hardy Boys, Virgin River), is accused of killing a boy he was babysitting, it ignites a cascade of violence and terror that will force Laurie to finally confront the evil she can’t control, once and for all.

Reactions: OzzyFan

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Is this really the end? Or only a Rick Flair last match?

This is it! They are finally ending it!.....until 2023 of course.

The Halloween series and Michael Myers will live on in some form. They're too profitable.

But Blumhouse Productions no longer have the Halloween rights after this movie, Jamie Lee Curtis is 63, the Michael Myers character is 65 (and missing half a hand). For this chronology, Halloween Ends will really give us an ending.

Reactions: OzzyFan

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
The Halloween series and Michael Myers will live on in some form. They're too profitable.

But Blumhouse Productions no longer have the Halloween rights after this movie, Jamie Lee Curtis is 63, the Michael Myers character is 65 (and missing half a hand). For this chronology, Halloween Ends will really give us an ending.

Pfffft. They’ll just give him a butcher knife hand and keep it going! :sarcasm:

“Halloween: Eternal” coming in 2025

Is this really the end? Or only a Rick Flair last match?

*piano noises*

BAH GAWD THAT’S MICHAEL MYERS MUSIC!!!!!

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Well the 2nd movie of the trilogy was underwhelming and there was that ham-fisted attempt at some sort of social commentary or exploring themes related to the mob chasing down and trapping that one mental patient in the hospital corridor forcing him to jump to his death.

There probably wouldn't be a more fitting ending to Halloween Ends than Laurie sacrificing herself to kill Michael.

Reactions: shadow1

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Well the 2nd movie of the trilogy was underwhelming and there was that ham-fisted attempt at some sort of social commentary or exploring themes related to the mob chasing down and trapping that one mental patient in the hospital corridor forcing him to jump to his death.

There probably wouldn't be a more fitting ending to Halloween Ends than Laurie sacrificing herself to kill Michael.

I agree, Halloween Kills had issues. Weird plot structure, heavy reliance on the "idiot plot", and the awful "evil dies tonight!" line rammed down our throats.

By Halloween movie standards, Kills is a middle of the pack entry, but that's not saying much considering how bad some of the other movies are. It was a huge letdown compared to Halloween 2018, and aside from one major death at the very end, the movie almost need not exist.

Halloween Ends reportedly takes place four years after Halloween Kills, which took place on the same night as 2018. Personally, I would've been jazzed if the firefighter massacre scene at the beginning of Kills was instead a post-credit scene for Halloween 2018. That scene happens, the boogeyman vanishes into the night only to emerge four years later for this movie.

Bone Density

Jul 27, 2022
Have no inside info, but the trailer is basically a microcosm of the film. "Fake" Michael aka Cory until the last act or so, Michael shows up. You'll notice "Michael" is wearing a ring in the same exact spot as the Cory kid in the trailer (when stabbing the pillow)

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Have no inside info, but the trailer is basically a microcosm of the film. "Fake" Michael aka Cory until the last act or so, Michael shows up. You'll notice "Michael" is wearing a ring in the same exact spot as the Cory kid in the trailer (when stabbing the pillow)

I'm going to use spoiler tags for those who want to go in fresh, but here is my response:

Yes, the popular theory is that there is a copycat killer, almost certainly the new Cory character. In the very first scene of the trailer, Michael has all of the fingers on his left hand. They must've known fans would pick up on that, as well as the ring/pillow stabbing you talked about.

As far as one other tidbit that is a potential big spoiler...

Are you sure you want to know? For sure? Here it is... apparently David Gordon Green has mentioned "Christine", the Stephen King book that was later adapted by John Carpenter for the big screen, as an influence for Halloween Ends. Apparently Carpenter's feedback after reading the Halloween Ends screenplay is that the movie is too much like Christine.

Christine, for those who don't know, is about a nerdy high schooler who progressive turns evil after buying a cursed car (1958 Plymouth Fury).

These comments lead me to believe the multiple Michaels plot is probably some kind of possession angle, but know knows. Maybe the Fake Michael (Cory?) is just a fanatic.

I know there have been some audience test screenings, including one that happened last night in Las Vegas. Apparently these screenings have different cuts of the movie too. I am going to try to information about avoid those screenings like the plague. I love reading fan theories though, but hopefully none of the real information leaks.

Last year I somewhat screwed myself. I installed Peacock for Halloween Kills and had friends coming over for a viewing party. As I waited for them to arrive, I opened Youtube on my phone and staring me in the face was a video named "Halloween Kills: Michael Kills Karen". Grr.

Reactions: Bone Density

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
There was applause after the latest test screening so do with that what you will

I’ve heard a lot of comparisons to Christine, even from DGG himself, wether that’s good or bad I don’t know
Let's just hope that if they go the "possession" way, they do it better than Friday the 13th did...

Reactions: shadow1

Bone Density

Jul 27, 2022
Who is Cory? I don't remember a Cory from Halloween. I looked at the characters from the first 2 halloweens and didn't see one named Cory.
I don't want to spoil much. Have you looked up the plot? It explains kind of who he is. Accused of killing a child, and is also dating Allyson for some reason. I'm just hoping he isn't an actual Michael copy cat killer.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
I don't want to spoil much. Have you looked up the plot? It explains kind of who he is. Accused of killing a child, and is also dating Allyson for some reason. I'm just hoping he isn't an actual Michael copy cat killer.
oh, so is he mentioned in the first movie in a line a dialogue? I know her current boyfriend is named Cameron in the first 2 movies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If that stuff is true sounds like HE is setting up to be a disappointment ala Friday the 13th: A New Beginning

Halloween Kills was very meh at best. Not as bad as Halloween Resurrection (An abomination) or a few others but still a major disappointment coming off a relatively good Halloween (2018)

At this point I have come to expect nothing but disappointment with Hollywood and modern horror. Very few movies are good or even passable to the films I grew up with

The horrendous Texas Chainsaw Massacre from earlier in year further show how even what should be a simple/enjoyable even if predictable movie can quickly turn to crap with today's filmmakers and actors

Reactions: Bone Density

Bone Density

Jul 27, 2022
Hopefully they start fresh a few years from now. I'm not sure how you do it after this though.

It's time for Jason to come back too lol

Michael does look great in this trilogy though. One of my fav looks

Reactions: blueandgoldguy

Bone Density

Jul 27, 2022
oh, so is he mentioned in the first movie in a line a dialogue? I know her current boyfriend is named Cameron in the first 2 movies.
Nah, he isn't mentioned at all in the first two. Cameron was killed in Halloween Kills.

Laurie thinks Cory reminds her of Michael, so you can see where they are going with this.

If that stuff is true sounds like HE is setting up to be a disappointment ala Friday the 13th: A New Beginning

Halloween Kills was very meh at best. Not as bad as Halloween Resurrection (An abomination) or a few others but still a major disappointment coming off a relatively good Halloween (2018)

At this point I have come to expect nothing but disappointment with Hollywood and modern horror. Very few movies are good or even passable to the films I grew up with

The horrendous Texas Chainsaw Massacre from earlier in year further show how even what should be a simple/enjoyable even if predictable movie can quickly turn to crap with today's filmmakers and actors
Yeah, Kills was pretty bad apart from a few scenes. I did like Michael standing over Haddonfield, looking out the window covered in blood. It was kinda like Darth Vader in Empire Strikes back.

Bone Density

Jul 27, 2022

I'll miss Jamie as Laurie. Hopefully they can revive the series a few years from now with something new.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad