Movies: Halloween 2018

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I rolled my eyes when I assumed that it was a reboot and was pleasantly surprised to see, instead, that it's an honest sequel that stars Jamie Lee Curtis and repeatedly pays tribute to the original. Even if it's not good, it may be worthwhile watching for the nostalgia.

I think that they should've gotten William Shatner to play the senior Michael Myers. He wouldn't need to wear the mask.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I rolled my eyes when I assumed that it was a reboot and was pleasantly surprised to see, instead, that it's an honest sequel that stars Jamie Lee Curtis and repeatedly pays tribute to the original. Even if it's not good, it may be worthwhile watching for the nostalgia.
I'm a huge fan of the whole Halloween series, however my favorite was the timeline between the original from 1978 up until Halloween 6.

Now personally my favorite is Halloween 5 and I know it wasn't the greatest of the sequels, but my reason for liking it was the performance by Danielle Harris as Jamie Lloyd.

The reason I brought up that timeline of those movies is this movie will effectively erase Halloween 4 which a lot of people liked and did very well back in 1988.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The reason I brought up that timeline of those movies is this movie will effectively erase Halloween 4 which a lot of people liked and did very well back in 1988.

From what I'm reading on Wikipedia, it sounds like it somewhat ignores the second film, as well, and is a re-imagined sequel to the first film. The more that I learn, the more interesting that it sounds. The writers are huge fans of the original film and their script convinced both Jamie Lee Curtis and John Carpenter to return, the latter after a 36-year absence from the franchise. Even the actor who played Michael Myers in the original is returning. It may not be that good, but maybe it'll at least be better than the last 3 or 4 entries (which I've yet to see, but appear to have been panned).

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
From what I'm reading on Wikipedia, it sounds like it somewhat ignores the second film, as well, and is a re-imagined sequel to the first film. The more that I learn, the more interesting that it sounds. The writers are huge fans of the original film and their script convinced both Jamie Lee Curtis and John Carpenter to return, the latter after a 36-year absence from the franchise. Even the actor who played Michael Myers in the original is returning. It may not be that good, but maybe it'll at least be better than the last 3 or 4 entries (which I've yet to see, but appear to have been panned).
I have read exactly the same thing and by logic it would mean they are now erasing the timeline between the original, the sequel from 1981, Halloween H20 and Halloween Resurrection. Although since Resurrection was horrible no one would care about that.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I'm a huge fan of the whole Halloween series, however my favorite was the timeline between the original from 1978 up until Halloween 6.

Now personally my favorite is Halloween 5 and I know it wasn't the greatest of the sequels, but my reason for liking it was the performance by Danielle Harris as Jamie Lloyd.

Revenge of Michael Myers sucked but was still watchable until the absurd ending which lead to the absurd "Thorn" storyline for the equally crappy Curse of Michael Myers while H20 was promising and turned out to be absolutely weak and Resurrection has been wiped from my mind because it was so bad though the Busta Rhymes turning into Ninja absurdity cant be forgotten and is truly laughable. The remake and its sequel were disappointing and unoriginal (The sequel was dumb and Zombie's wife cant act so it was made worse by her)

The series has been forgettable since Return of Michael Myers and H20 already erased Part 4/5/6 from timeline

As for this it looks at least promising though I have been disappointed so long by Halloween franchise I wont put much hope into it turning out to be anything good

PaulaMesser

Apr 18, 2018
III was Season Of The Witch. We’re supposed to disregard every film in the franchise since the original.
2IEvMC0

2kfXDtv

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Rob Zombie killed the franchise with his "Michael Myers became a serial killer because he had a shitty upbringing" nonsense. It completely took away all of the mystique and aura that made Michael Myers scary.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Rob Zombie killed the franchise with his "Michael Myers became a serial killer because he had a ****ty upbringing" nonsense. It completely took away all of the mystique and aura that made Michael Myers scary.

Yeah. However as absolutely cliche and lazy as that route was to take, I thought the beginning of RZ's original Halloween remake (where he gives young Michael a backstory) was the only interesting part of that film.

The rest was garbage.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I would say Busta Rhymes ninja fighting Michael Myers was the death blow for franchise. That abomination of a movie had not one single redeeming quality

Even a film like the terrible Curse of Michael Myers had a couple of ok moments and some acting that was complete trash

Rob Zombie Halloween's were just dismembering a corpse

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The Producers Cut was better in the sense that it explained the whole "Thorn" storyline they were trying to get across.

Both cuts were terrible

I hated the entire nonsense storyline and I hated the ending of Revenge (It was already a mediocre follow up to Return but the ending just pissed me off as a kid and made me despise entire film)

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Both cuts were terrible

I hated the entire nonsense storyline and I hated the ending of Revenge (It was already a mediocre follow up to Return but the ending just pissed me off as a kid and made me despise entire film)
The one thing I hated in the Producers Cut was Jamie's death. I always thought since she was missing for 6 years after the events of Halloween 5 you think they would have cops sitting outside her hospital room, instead she gets shot in the head.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Yeah. However as absolutely cliche and lazy as that route was to take, I thought the beginning of RZ's original Halloween remake (where he gives young Michael a backstory) was the only interesting part of that film.

The rest was garbage.
I thought both of his Halloween movies were complete and total garbage and I loved Lords of Salem and 31. Not a big fan of hoatc or tdsrs either. To each their own I guess.

Anyway, this is redbox watch for me. In addition to nightmare, friday, etc all of the great horror/slasher films of my chilshood have been ruined and Id rather not get duped out of 15 dollars again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad