AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Obligatory mention of Pietrangelo

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
Mind fleshing this out, you know, even a bit?

Tarasenko is on LTIR for 5 months, or right at the end of the regular season. Since there is no salary cap in the playoffs, the Blues could add a big rental at the TDL and reactivate Tarasenko for the playoffs. Hall is the biggest pending UFA this season who has a chance of being dealt. New Jersey, of course, won't deal him if they're still in it at the TDL.

Reactions: bluesfan94

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
What happens when Tarasenko comes back? It is great that they free up cap with him on LTIR, but its not that easy.

The Blues are strong enough to make the playoffs anyways, great opportunity for some young guys to step up.

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
Tarasenko is on LTIR for 5 months, or right at the end of the regular season. Since there is no salary cap in the playoffs, the Blues could add a big rental at the TDL and reactivate Tarasenko for the playoffs. Hall is the biggest pending UFA this season who has a chance of being dealt. New Jersey, of course, won't deal him if they're still in it at the TDL.

What do you mean...no cap in the playoffs? Teams don't run a salary cap in the regular season and then add 20 million in salary to make a run.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
If im NJD and the talks dont start with Kyrou/Thomas, and picks id hang up

Thomas is a no, I am hesitant about Kyrou but it would depend on how the team is playing at the deadline. Honestly before last year I would be almost anything if I thought it gave me a chance at a cup but we are less desperate now.

Reactions: bluesfan94

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
What do you mean...no cap in the playoffs? Teams don't run a salary cap in the regular season and then add 20 million in salary to make a run.

That's because there is a trade deadline and rules about signing a player late in the season. Teams can't really add a big contract right at the start of the playoffs, the exception being activating a player off of LTIR. The Blackhawks won a cup with a playoff roster that would have been over the regular season salary cap because they activated Kane off of LTIR after the regular season ended.

Reactions: RORbacon and jeffff

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'll be curious how we'll feel about this potential trade after we see Thomas in his spot for a decent amount of games.

Now, the miracle move would be if you can convince to Jersey take take some cap to make extending Hall realistic, and then you go all in. Try to win as much as you can in a 3-4 year window and then embrace the fall of the cliff.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I'll be curious how we'll feel about this potential trade after we see Thomas in his spot for a decent amount of games.

Now, the miracle move would be if you can convince to Jersey take take some cap to make extending Hall realistic, and then you go all in. Try to win as much as you can in a 3-4 year window and then embrace the fall of the cliff.

Devils can certainly take (short-term) cap, but keep in mind that would also increase the asking price.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I agree. If that were to happen, we'd have the back up the truck mentality. The cost would be very high in that situation.
If I'm the Devils, I'd ask for Dunn and a 1st plus another prospect. The Blues would have no leverage here. Can't see this even being a reality.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If I'm the Devils, I'd ask for Dunn and a 1st plus another prospect. The Blues would have no leverage here. Can't see this even being a reality.
Right. They'd get a lot because we'd just decide to completely right off the seasons 4ish years from now.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
If im NJD and the talks dont start with Kyrou/Thomas, and picks id hang up
he's a rental with an expiring contract, so full value's probably off the table

blues aren't desperate for this to happen so there's always the offseason

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm not saying the Blues would do that, I'm just saying that NJ would ask for the moon.
Yeah, yeah, I got you. Jersey would ask for a lot and they should, and if Army says go all in with this core, with long-term deals, making a deal like that would be hard to do, but plausible. It's a risk to move significant future value, but we are sort of in a spot where we know we could have a Kings/Hawks type fall, so might as well maximize our Cup winning potential in the years where we will be contending.

Reactions: 67Blues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad