Hall or Tarasenko?

Hall or Tarasenko?

• Total voters

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Would have said Tarasenko a couple of years ago but Hall has passed him up.

At this point, Hall is just better at everything. Not sure how else to explain it.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver

At this point, Hall is just better at everything. Not sure how else to explain it.
I agree with this mostly.

Hall was ahead of Tarasenko for most of his career.

Hall from 2012/2014 was 5th in the league in points per game behind only Malkin, Crosby, Stamkos and Getzlaf and in the 2013 lockout season would have probably won the Hart Trophy if Edmonton snuck into the playoffs.

Tarasenko was slightly better from 2015/2017, but Hall again took over by a decent margin in 2018.

Career wise Hall is clearly better and I’d easily rather have Hall over Tarasenko right now.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Tarasenko when taking into account injuries and the awful contract extension Hall will assuredly get next offseason.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'm torn but I voted for Tarasenko because he is a better sniper (more likely to score on a single shot), is injured less often, and in a years time will likely be making 3 million dollars less per season.

Hall is a better driver than Tarasenko, so if anyone picks him, that's understandable. If it was for this season only, I'd probably lean for Hall.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

Tarasenko is still a far better shooter and natural goal scorer than Hall is. Hall has the edge in most areas, but he will never be a true sniper like Tarasenko is.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I voted Hall because overall most years he will be better, BUT let me be very clear this question would be completely dependent on what your team is lacking, need a play maker then you take Hall, if you need a goal scorer you take Vladdy. Hall is better but not so much that you ALWAYS take him over Tarasanko if you do not look at contract and age.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
If one of them had to be best player on a team and carry an offense, it has to be Hall. But i'd rather my team be built around someone else and have 'Senko.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Good thing that isnt true

4 out of 5 seasons over 70 games before last years big injury.

But sure lets make **** up
Better hope last season wasn't a return to 'injury prone Hall' that Oilers fans kept hearing about. Because like it or not he has missed a good chunk of games in his NHL career.

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
Good thing that isnt true

4 out of 5 seasons over 70 games before last years big injury.

But sure lets make **** up

His career average is 65 games, it no secret that he’s injury prone... he flies at 100mph all the time.

PS I would give you Larsson and more to have him back, loved hall and his game

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Even with Vladimir Tarasenko being Russian and Ducks having Russians isn't common thing I would take him because he doesn't have injury problems like Hall does and he is a great goal scorer which we need.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad