Hall or RNH

ed bruin

Feb 14, 2010
Newton
ok in lieu of the Seguin or RHN thread, Hall and RHB were both 1st overall picks and both are on the same team, but if the Oilers had the choice between either of the two who would it be?

mindmasher

Dec 5, 2010
Edmonton
hockeyzen.com
ok in lieu of the Seguin or RHN thread, Hall and RHB were both 1st overall picks and both are on the same team, but if the Oilers had the choice between either of the two who would it be?

Most Oiler fans, I'm guessing, will say Hall. Primarily for two reasons:

1) Hall just had a big impact season with the Oilers that is fresh in a lot of peoples minds.

2) Hall is a forceful, power-on-power type offensive stud in the making, and likely can generate a lot regardless of linemates. RNH may need more of a supporting cast to really dominate at the NHL level.

So I think most would say Hall. I would say Hall.

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
I think Hall will most likely be half a notch better than RNH. He's the type of guy that can be your franchise player and the face of the franchise at the same time. There is a difference.

RNH is also the type of guy that creates chances for other players while Hall creates chances for himself. Both players are valuable but there is something more appealing about the guy that can donit all on his own.

Thankfully Hall will be creating his own chances and have RNH to create chances for him as well.

Neatman

Mar 9, 2011
This thread targets Oil fans and every Oil fan is going to pick Hall. He was the more hyped prospect, came in and had an immediate impact, and is exciting as hell to watch. On the flipside, most people havent actually SEEN RNH play. Poll isnt really fair to RNH, and seems like a roundabout way to exhibit that Seguin should > RNH (or maybe im just paranoid:laugh:)

That said, from what I gather from posts of those who attended the Oilers prospect camp, RNH looks very VERY good. Will be exciting to see how the two develop together in the next 5 years.

ed bruin

Feb 14, 2010
Newton
This thread targets Oil fans and every Oil fan is going to pick Hall. He was the more hyped prospect, came in and had an immediate impact, and is exciting as hell to watch. On the flipside, most people havent actually SEEN RNH play. Poll isnt really fair to RNH, and seems like a roundabout way to exhibit that Seguin should > RNH (or maybe im just paranoid:laugh:)

That said, from what I gather from posts of those who attended the Oilers prospect camp, RNH looks very VERY good. Will be exciting to see how the two develop together in the next 5 years.

nahh, yes im a Bruins fan but i wanted to see what are the strengths of Hall and RHN and also to see who is better cuz I dont have luxury to see both of them a lot.

not trying to do any elaborate troll just seeing who is better and why

Ogopogo*

Tough call. Hall is the goal scorer, RNH is the playmaker; they will complement each other quite nicely.

Hall might get the nod because his compete level is off the charts. I remember the Memorial Cup where Hall was nailed head first into the end boards in what could have been a serious injury then, later on the same shift he scored a highlight reel goal. They guy has a hunger and drive you don't see in many players.

The reality is, they will both be great.

xking23

Petersson
Jun 22, 2009
Peterborough
See I'd be more tempted to think RNH would be more preferred just because he is a potential number 1 center, and those are much harder to come by.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
IMO RNH will probably have more points when it's all said and done, while Hall brings a relentless will to win that is not easily found in many of the most skilled players in the world. In my eyes it's pretty damn close.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
This is like comparing Toews (Hall but a LW) and Kane (RNH). Hall screams winner who is tough to play against, create chances on his own, and probably won't put up as many points as RNH.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Hall will catch your eye more because of his incredible speed and tenacity but i honestly believe that RNH will be the better overall player by a hair, there is just something very special about his game the way he can slow down the game and see the whole ice in a way that few can, these types of players tend to succeed very highly at the NHL level.

However, Hall will always be the guy who leads the charge for the Oilers and will be their captain within a few years imo.
If i were to start a franchise, i would take Hall even though i think RNH will be the slightly better overall player if that makes any sense.

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
Tough call. Hall is the goal scorer, RNH is the playmaker; they will complement each other quite nicely.

Hall might get the nod because his compete level is off the charts. I remember the Memorial Cup where Hall was nailed head first into the end boards in what could have been a serious injury then, later on the same shift he scored a highlight reel goal. They guy has a hunger and drive you don't see in many players.

The reality is, they will both be great.

That hit was almost comical in how bad it looked, with Hall not being seriously injured.

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
Hall will catch your eye more because of his incredible speed and tenacity but i honestly believe that RNH will be the better overall player by a hair, there is just something very special about his game the way he can slow down the game and see the whole ice in a way that few can, these types of players tend to succeed very highly at the NHL level.

However, Hall will always be the guy who leads the charge for the Oilers and will be their captain within a few years imo.
If i were to start a franchise, i would take Hall even though i think RNH will be the slightly better overall player if that makes any sense.

For me I can see RNH being anywhere from an 80 point guy, to a 120 point guy in his best years. Bold words I know, but it truly is the type of talent where the sky is the limit for him. I could also see him pulling a Crosby and turn into a top goal scorer once he settles in for a few years. His goal scoring is very underrated.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
This is like comparing Toews (Hall but a LW) and Kane (RNH). Hall screams winner who is tough to play against, create chances on his own, and probably won't put up as many points as RNH.

I'd take Toews every day over Kane.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton

This exactly what I think as well. Hall and RNH will be what Toews and Kane are to Chicago, except Hall is more like Toews while RNH is more like Kane. If I had to pick one, I'd pick Hall over RNH but I'm glad that we have both of them along with Ebs and Paajarvi. Now it's time to fix up that D and we should be good to go.

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
That hit was almost comical in how bad it looked, with Hall not being seriously injured.
I have trouble watching that it. I thought he broke his face and his back when that happened. To come back and score that nice goal must have sealed the deal for the Oilers. He's the kind of guy that you win cups with.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
This exactly what I think as well. Hall and RNH will be what Toews and Kane are to Chicago, except Hall is more like Toews while RNH is more like Kane. If I had to pick one, I'd pick Hall over RNH but I'm glad that we have both of them along with Ebs and Paajarvi. Now it's time to fix up that D and we should be good to go.

The thing is that I'd bet that RNH would be more of a two way threat than Hall and that's what makes Toews the player that he is. However the drive to take a game over and do anything to win for Hall is eerily similar to Toews'.

Delta Cubes

Jan 2, 2010
Just for people who haven't seen the hit Hall took and the goal he scored after in the Memorial Cup last year:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Hall vs. Stamkos would have been a fairer question. Hall will be a 40 goal scorer one day, 50 is not out of the question either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad